• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Frank’s Friday presser

CRA

You aren’t a good coach by denying basic realities.  Good coaches sometimes have to stick up for their guys….but good coaches also aren’t afraid of the truth.

Frank was point blank asked specifically about WR separation and if they were getting  enough….Frank rambled for a bit and said we are.  

You can address reality without throwing people directly under the bus.  How about you take responsibility.  That’s how it works.  Say the coaches are letting those guys down and they have to do a better job helping folks get open.   Good coaches accept reality.  They aren’t scared of it.  

the Panthers WRs are never open.  There is no separation.  It’s a massive problem.  And Frank continues to do the unthinkable….to be a worse coach in Carolina than Matt Rhule.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

17 minutes ago, Waldo said:

He hasn't changed since he was at and fired from Indy, why would you expect him to change now?

Who isngoing to take the blame? They are not fixing anything so it's blame time. Brown gets fired? Sounds familiar

LOL I mean really, what did anybody actually expect with this lackluster hire?

Usually if a coach is canned DURING the season, there is good reason for it. Then here comes Tepper thinking it's a good idea to hire said coach because of "experience" instead of actually doing some damn research. Reich has been bad his WHOLE coaching career, sans 1 fluke year with Philly. I mean seriously, go look at his coaching resume. It's pathetic.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

This is incredibly frustrating. Not only do we not have a #1 WR. We dont have a player whos been a number one in half a decade. 

Chark has never been more than a 3. 

Mingo's a rook.

Marshall... just no. 

And Thelien was a number 2 last year. But the Vikings let him go and drafted his replacement in the 1st round. So our number 1 WR is a guy that Minnesota didnt think was good enough to be their #2. I mean if you can't get consistently open when Justin Jefferson is drawing double teams on the other side of the field, how often are you going to get open when your partner in crime is DJ Chark?

There's been a lot said of Mahomes' pedestrian numbers because of not having #1WR and he plays with the greatest TE of all time. We basically have the Chiefs weapons without Kelce and I would still take their weapons because at least they have speed. And not only that but they also the greatest offensive mind of the last 20 yrs as his coach and we have Reich. Our weapons suck and how we didnt know this coming into the year is insane.

6 minutes ago, emhoward said:

And Thelien was a number 2 last year. But the Vikings let him go and drafted his replacement in the 1st round. So our number 1 WR is a guy that Minnesota didnt think was good enough to be their #2

This is very tortured logic. 

you might as well say they don’t think Jefferson is good enough since they used a first rounder on Addison. 

• Pie 1

The more you realize how inept stubborn dated and horrible Reich is as a head coach it's even more sobering knowing this guy sold David Tepper hook line and sinker. Just like Matt Rhule. Dave could not be bothered with that young hot shot Shane Steichen. We are going nowhere as long as Tepper thinks he knows best. The man is a buffoon.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 5

58 minutes ago, Waldo said:

He hasn't changed since he was at and fired from Indy, why would you expect him to change now?

Who isngoing to take the blame? They are not fixing anything so it's blame time. Brown gets fired? Sounds familiar

Just a sec now . . . . why would he change?  Yes, 2022 was a bad deal, but it was widely reported that Irsay was meddling heavily - some say telling Reich who to start at QB.  So, before that then.  His Colts offenses were 5th, 16th, 9th, and 9th in points scored the years prior.  That's pretty solid.

I don't know if Reich is the problem. 

I am sure that our personnel is a problem.  The decisions made there have not worked.  Free agents, draft, cap, trades . . . it's all been a mess.  And it seems likely that Tepper has his mitts in that too.

• Pie 1

He just seems so vanilla. This is just one small example but even the thing about him not cussing to his players? I'm not even lying that is a red flag to me. These are grown ass men.

I'm convinced we need to fire him and just get back to the only thing that has worked for us. Find a tough, rigid, blue collar defensive coordinator that will come in on day 1 and change the culture. I have plenty of critiques for Ron but I'll never forget the clip of him just lighting the team on fire at halftime of that Pittsburgh game. We need that in the worst way I think. Toughness, no excuses, culture-setting type of attitude.

Lou Anarumo of the Bengals immediately comes to my mind. Frank is just so soft and vanilla in a million different ways.

6 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Just a sec now . . . . why would he change?  Yes, 2022 was a bad deal, but it was widely reported that Irsay was meddling heavily - some say telling Reich who to start at QB.  So, before that then.  His Colts offenses were 5th, 16th, 9th, and 9th in points scored the years prior.  That's pretty solid.

I don't know if Reich is the problem. 

I am sure that our personnel is a problem.  The decisions made there have not worked.  Free agents, draft, cap, trades . . . it's all been a mess.  And it seems likely that Tepper has his mitts in that too.

Think it's fair to start wondering how much of this was Siriani.

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

This is very tortured logic. 

you might as well say they don’t think Jefferson is good enough since they used a first rounder on Addison. 

If they let Jefferson walk for nothing, I might say that. But they wouldn't... because he's good. But nevermind any of that, just ask Minnesota fans. 

And I don't mean this as a diss to Thielin, at this point in his career he's supposed to be a #2/3. It's not his fault we're asking him to be our #1.

28 minutes ago, Castavar said:

LOL I mean really, what did anybody actually expect with this lackluster hire?

Usually if a coach is canned DURING the season, there is good reason for it. Then here comes Tepper thinking it's a good idea to hire said coach because of "experience" instead of actually doing some damn research. Reich has been bad his WHOLE coaching career, sans 1 fluke year with Philly. I mean seriously, go look at his coaching resume. It's pathetic.

They don't even have a legit reason to fire him, he is as advertised and he let go of the play calling which is about the only thing you could directly blame him for with their 'collaborative effort' BS they got going on (more like 'easy to dodge blame' system). He didn't build the team. He didn't draft anyone. He was a non-playcalling OC that year in Philly. In Indy he proved what he is and he just brought that same bag here. He was just experienced enough to know how to sell the Teppers in the interviews. Have what they want to hear ready, sound knowledgeable with a little easy prep and kiss that ass until they give you a contract to sign. Dude looked online at some stats and then had a sales pitch ready. Since he went to Indy his quality was known and it wasn't that good. If anything he actually found a way to do his worst here which is the only thing impressive he has done since being hired.

I don't even know who they would tab to take over. Caldwell? LOL. Brown? So Frank can go prove he was right a 3rd time...and fail again like the first 2 times? Campen so that unit can flourish playing against their strengths under Kugler? The guy who was with Houston in 21 and here since then and little else worth mentioning about his capabilities. It's all so stupid and there really isn't any good moves if they are not burning it down and flipping everyone on the FO staff and coaching staffs to do a proper rebuild from the ashes. They can fire Fritterer but how much was he told to do and does anyone want to hire a GM to work with Frank because that is how they got a low quality GM like Fritterer in the first place. 

It's a shitshow and my guess is they either fire Frank or Scott at a weird time (like the way they fumbled the Rhule firing) as the screws come off behind the scenes or too much blame lands back on the Teppers to make any meaningful change possible so they just roll with 'being patient' which really translates into 'I don't want to admit my mistakes and there are no easy ways out so let me distance my self for a couple of months and just pretend I had nothing to do with all of this'. I think it will be option 2.

• Flames 2