• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Athletic: Panthers Issues, Bryce, Reich, & More (Vid/Audio)

Bear Hands

5 minutes ago, UnluckyforSome said:

But the magician, and the maestro, and the super duper processing, and the all pro point guard? Are you saying all those were just words and nothing more??

The guy said he thinks Stroud would be playing horribly in this offense.

The scheme and talent level is just bad.

Yeah as crap as it is here Stroud could still hit some of the shots that have been missed.

It's bad here but if you think that is the same as the bad it would be with Stroud then you have a lot more disappointment coming over the rest of this and next season. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

careful...

LOL…I know, but we’re seeing the worst versions of every one of our offensive players. I see no reason why we’re not seeing the worst version of Bryce Young. Frank’s system is the problem.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Daeavorn said:

They used that stupid S2 test and convinced themselves that Bryce's intellect, which may be greater than average, makes up for his below average physical attributes. It's pretty impressive how that many experienced football guys all made the same mistake.

And as we can see from this video, Bryce's footwork isn't even all that great! I'm not sure he was ready enough to truly start, and I am not sure he can ever be a QB that can carry us to the playoffs or win a super bowl. 

If the entire team has to be perfect for him to succeed in then he isn't that special.

This is ignored by a large segment of the Huddle, but heading into the draft it's not like we were the only team that had Bryce Young as the #1 QB prospect. He may not have been the 100% consensus #1 around the league, but he was viewed that way by a significant majority of the league.

This notion that if we hadn't taken Bryce that he would have dropped out of the 1st round or even out of the top-5 is just nonsense. It certainly appears that we should have taken C.J. Stroud at this point, but if that does end up being the case long-term then let's not pretend that the Panthers were the only team that would have made the mistake.

• Pie 1

There's the extremes in this Bryce debate, but it's possible to operate in the enormous grey area that is analyzing what it looks like Bryce is doing, all outside-team factors aside.   No need to antagonize the other extremes people.  

With that said, I'm also just very surprised McNown isn't working with Bryce on his mechanics.  Or if he IS, then that is troubling.

I mean, that's correctable stuff.  People have been noticing his shotgun drops style since Bama.  It's just bewildering they're allowing him to stay this loose with it all, when mechanics and timing are everything at this level of play.  So they're letting him maintain his habits that needed correcting, when in the NFL, everyone is as fast as the fastest player on the college field at their position.  

The personnel not aligning to the offense is the trump card for the year though.  That takes the cake on poor decisions. We were trying to aspire to a McVay type offense yet we draft Mingo, give up picks for DJJ, and ignore 5+ absolute burners in this draft when we had no shifty guy. 

And if they were wanting that to be D. Byrd or Shi Smith, then god help us.  

18 minutes ago, Tbe said:

LOL…I know, but we’re seeing the worst versions of every one of our offensive players. I see no reason why we’re not seeing the worst version of Bryce Young. Frank’s system is the problem.

To prevent the coping police let's just say Aaron Rodgers would be playing poorly in this offense.  I know what you are saying though.  The whole offense is a mess....

2 hours ago, ickmule said:

Bryce is a limited QB and always has been. I have no idea how these “experts” missed that.  

Because they like him personally and always want to see the little man succeed in the league because its a great story so they talk him up like he is better than everybody else and the panthers fell for it. That simple. 

• Pie 5

1 hour ago, UnluckyforSome said:

But the magician, and the maestro, and the super duper processing, and the all pro point guard? Are you saying all those were just words and nothing more??

We haven't seen it, but it's doubtful we'd be seeing much better from anyone else.

I don't think anyone is doing well. Everyone is underperforming compared to what we believed (at least organizationally) they were capable of.

I think it's becoming evident that Tepper might be the problem as a poo owner to work for. He'll pay well, but then he creates an environment that makes it damn near impossible to excel in.

• Pie 4

All offseason leading up, everyone from coaching staff, front office, and owners were preaching how everything would be a "collaborative approach". Yet, every group within the organization is divided and disconnected on what they want to do both short term and long term.

All offseason leading up, the entire all star coaching staff were preaching "fit the system towards the players, and not fit the players toward the schemes". Yet, almost every player either has regressed from last season and/or doesn't fit the "scheme". Even players that were recently drafted and brought in during free agencies has trouble fitting in within the "scheme".

• Flames 2