• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

“I don’t know why they haven’t moved him (Ickey) to guard yet”

ncfan

3 hours ago, ncfan said:

Not sure where your getting “rooting for this man to fail” from.

There much worse things said about our QB which I’m sure you’ve partaken in.

Don't mind Red. He's on his second profile and will probably make a third sometime soon. Bro's also a bit obsessed with me. Kinda weird, but that's this thing.

Edited by Carl Spackler

Frank needs to evolve. We hired a really good staff on paper but it's not gelling. I think it's partly cause Reich is not as adaptable to others input as he should be. The vanilla offense we all saw in preseason that was promised to have wrinkles and spice is still vanilla.  It's an outdated WCO with no modern aspects. Every team is using motion and disguising but us. I think the closest to what we want to do was with Dalton in there (makes sense he is a vet QB) but even then it was too pass heavy.  We don't have world beaters at WR so that is a facade.  Much like switching to a 3-4 our  players do not match the scheme. Way to slow down progress.  Dare I say retard the progress.  How we gonna "drop a rookie in" then change everything that supposedly made a drop in possible?  

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

I mean, you conveniently ignore when Ickey plays like ass but you'll camp out in my mentions when Bryce throws an incompletion. How's that make you any better?

I've acknowledged when he's played poorly multiple times now. Nobody is camping out in your mentions this isn't twitter. You spam every GameDay thread with the same takes about Bryce haters we all see it no one has to mention you because you're already there. You and ncfan aren't consistent so you can lick your wounds together if it makes you feel better. Also keep spamming my old user profile in every post like anyone cares. That was years ago. It's about to be 2024 Carl. You're welcome to join us in the present day whenever you're ready.

11 minutes ago, frankw said:

I've acknowledged when he's played poorly multiple times now. Nobody is camping out in your mentions this isn't twitter. You spam every GameDay thread with the same takes about Bryce haters we all see it no one has to mention you because you're already there. You and ncfan aren't consistent so you can lick your wounds together if it makes you feel better. Also keep spamming my old user profile in every post like anyone cares. That was years ago. It's about to be 2024 Carl. You're welcome to join us in the present day whenever you're ready.

You spam every GameDay thread (and Bryce thread) with the same takes over and over, man. That's kind of my point. You accuse others of what you do on a regular basis, but keep trying to play the role of unbiased voice of reason. It's always a good laugh.

6 hours ago, KBRed said:

How about we change the whole coaching staff, and every player won’t regress. Bad scheme that doesn’t work in todays NFL. And our roster doesn’t support it anyway. Make a change. Start the search for MLS coach and NFL coach in the same year. Starting to see a common denominator. 

I agree. 

The whole damn team performed just fine when Wilks had them doing things they are good at. 

He was a “defense coach” and wasn’t a sexy enough name, so his work was overlooked. 

Reich and co, (I assume mainly Reich) are forcing players to scheme instead of tailoring scheme to player. 

That’s bad coach red flag all day long. 

Let’s get a better staff or a better HC with a vision. 

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

You spam every GameDay thread (and Bryce thread) with the same takes over and over, man. That's kind of my point. You accuse others of what you do on a regular basis, but keep trying to play the role of unbiased voice of reason. It's always a good laugh.

I want Bryce Young to play better the same as Icky. I think both have the capability to be the players we drafted them to be. But with Icky it isn't anything phsyical. He's having a combination of a sophomore slump and playing in a system built around Bryce Young's strengths to the detriment of some other moving parts within the offense. Icky has all the physical tools. We are waiting to see if Bryce Young will be able to take the next step with his physical limitations. Meanwhile he seems to be regressing in the mental aspects.

The difference between us is I do not think it's hilarious when Bryce Young struggles like you do for Icky. It's terrible for our franchise if we end up missing on one or both of these guys.

But keep belting out those LOLs at the expense of our left tackle and then turning around complaining when someone says something about Bryce that you don't like.

Charlie Day Ok GIF

Edited by frankw

1 minute ago, frankw said:

I want Bryce Young to play better the same as Icky. I think both have the capability to be the players we drafted them to be. But with Icky it isn't anything phsyical. He's having a combination of a sophomore slump and playing in a system built around Bryce Young's strengths to the detriment of some other moving parts within the offense. Icky has all the physical tools. We are waiting to see if Bryce Young will be able to take the next step with his physical limitations. Meanwhile he seems to be regressing in the mental aspects.

The difference between us is I do not think it's hilarious when Bryce Young struggles like you do for Icky. It's terrible for our franchise if we end up missing on one or both of these guys.

But keep belting out those LOLs at the expense of our left tackle and then turning around complaining when someone says something about Bryce that you don't like.

Charlie Day Ok GIF

Funny thing is, the "OL" in "LOL" wasn't even a dig at Ickey. It was a dig at the coaching staff's refusal to move him to guard.

Keep sending out those replies at the expense of our quarterback and then turning around complaining when you think someone says something about Ickey that you don't like.

6 hours ago, mickeye76 said:

Frank needs to evolve. We hired a really good staff on paper but it's not gelling. I think it's partly cause Reich is not as adaptable to others input as he should be. The vanilla offense we all saw in preseason that was promised to have wrinkles and spice is still vanilla.  It's an outdated WCO with no modern aspects. Every team is using motion and disguising but us. I think the closest to what we want to do was with Dalton in there (makes sense he is a vet QB) but even then it was too pass heavy.  We don't have world beaters at WR so that is a facade.  Much like switching to a 3-4 our  players do not match the scheme. Way to slow down progress.  Dare I say retard the progress.  How we gonna "drop a rookie in" then change everything that supposedly made a drop in possible?  

Right there, best thought you have on this and no one else has really said that, that I have seen. 

I would say, offensively, he simply can’t run the old offense and that is why things were rebuilt, or torn down witrh the intention of rebuilding. 

Edit: the defense, that is just Tepper fuging things up and being stupid because he wants Pittsburgh and he wants it now. They weren’t ready personnel wise but he doesn’t care he just wants it. 

Edited by stratocatter