• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pick 6 was 100% on Mingo

thebdawg

1 minute ago, thebdawg said:

Explain that then? Without saying “other receivers were open.” Mingo was open. Mingo drifted upfield and literally gift wrapped him a touchdown. I put pictures for god sakes. Support your argument.

Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

But seriously, it's a YAC route. It's not a comeback. Did Mingo drift a little? Yeah. Would it matter if Bryce didn't throw at the velocity of a child? No. It got picked because Bryce can't generate velocity, not because the receiver drifted one yard down the field. If Mingo doesn't drift that yard at best it's a broken up pass. It might have still gotten picked. And Tremble is still wide open because of a completely busted coverage.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, thebdawg said:

Re read the post. Then read it again. It was not the right decision. But no way that pass should have been a pick 6. That is on Mingo.

That ball was thrown like it was covered in molasses. I knew as soon as it was thrown that it was getting picked. 

If Cam Newton was throwing that pass, it would have been caught because he throws lasers.

Edited by Cam Lawter

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Mingo is literally just running his route. It wasn't a comeback route where he's supposed to be breaking back to the ball. It's a route designed for YAC. The throw is supposed to lead him so he can run away from the defender. The throw actually wasn't awful in terms of location. It's just the Bryce's lack of velocity allowed the defender to undercut it and pick it off. Bryce's biggest issue is lack of physical talent. You can work on footwork. You can work on decision making. You can work on reading defenses and protection calls. You can't work on sheer physical talent. It just is what it is.

Reality  I guess... Keep wishing on a star...

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Go back and read the edit. You're desperately reaching to cover for you guy, man. 

You had to go edit the post bc you didn’t think to talk about football first. Mingo drifted 2 entire yards upfield. I am not saying it was a great throw. I am not saying it was the right decision. And you are right, it probably would have been a short gain or an incompletion. But that should never have ended up as a pick 6.

We can talk about players other than Bryce sucking. With average receiver play that was a null play. With Mingo it is a touchdown for the other team.

Mingo definitely didn’t help matters. You cannot drift in that scenario and he did. It’s just another example of him not understanding sh!t. It’s crazy the amount of snaps he’s getting

With that said if you’re going to throw that ball and especially to Mingo it 1000% needs to be put out in front of him 

Edited by *FreeFua*
  • Pie 1