• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young is on pace for...

TN05

19 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, if the Bears had it to do over again they would've drafted Stroud too.

I think they still would have done what they did. They have so many pieces to get to be really competitive and trading away the pick for picks plus a stud WR is pretty sound. There’s no rumors they trade away the pick we are giving them and rolling with Fields for one more year before picking a QB again. 

6 minutes ago, Varking said:

I think they still would have done what they did. They have so many pieces to get to be really competitive and trading away the pick for picks plus a stud WR is pretty sound. There’s no rumors they trade away the pick we are giving them and rolling with Fields for one more year before picking a QB again. 

I liked Fields as a prospect and he's shown some flashes but at some point they gotta bite the bullet and move on and let someone else take a shot at salvaging Fields.

• Beer 1

On 11/19/2023 at 11:39 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

I liked Fields as a prospect and he's shown some flashes but at some point they gotta bite the bullet and move on and let someone else take a shot at salvaging Fields.

I think right now they are leaning towards a new offensive coordinator this offseason, honestly. Not that it would matter in the grand scheme of things but they have to know their conservative play calling late in games has cost them two wins, one against the Lions and one against the Broncos. 5-6 is a game back from the playoffs. Get that fixed and add two more elite pieces of talent to the team in the first round of the draft could look pretty juicy. 

On 11/19/2023 at 5:58 PM, TN05 said:

Completions - 352 (22 per game)
Attempts - 567 (35 per game)
Completion percentage - 62%
Yards - 2,992 (187 per game)
Touchdowns - 16
Interceptions - 15
Fumbles - 9
Fumbles lost - 5
Yards per completion - 8.5
Yards per attempt - 5.3
Sacks - 64 (4 per game)

Sweating James Mcavoy GIF

On 11/19/2023 at 6:58 PM, TN05 said:

Completions - 352 (22 per game)
Attempts - 567 (35 per game)
Completion percentage - 62%
Yards - 2,992 (187 per game)
Touchdowns - 16
Interceptions - 15
Fumbles - 9
Fumbles lost - 5
Yards per completion - 8.5
Yards per attempt - 5.3
Sacks - 64 (4 per game)

Yards per attempt is not the metric we should judge Bryce by.  We should be looking at Air Yards per Attempt.  That's the metric that tells us how far he was TRYING to throw the ball.  It currently sits at 4.7 air yards per attempt.

Honestly, his interceptions aren't overly concerning.  He's currently throwing INT's at a rate of 2.5%.  It's not awful.  During his Panthers career, Delhomme threw them at a rate of 3.3%.  And Jake was great.  Would you take young Jake back today?  I sure would.

What is concerning is his TD rate.  It's only 2.8%.  That's a problem.  Cam and Jake both threw TD's at a rate of 4.5%.

There is plenty of fault to go around with our offense.  But BY needs to control what he can control.  Be mechanically sound, make the right read, get the ball out on time.  Those things show up on film.  If your QB is doing those things, you can see on film that he is not the problem.

• Pie 1

I mean, I'm a little encouraged by those stats because I thought that they'd be much worse. And considering that he has been sacked so many damned times---and that's not even including how many times he has been pressured---I'm surprised he hasn't been broken in half physically and emotionally. 

Some of you guys may not like it, but I'm withholding judgement. If he bombs next season after we've presumably improved the line and weapons, then I'll give up.

• Pie 3

42 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I mean, I'm a little encouraged by those stats because I thought that they'd be much worse. And considering that he has been sacked so many damned times---and that's not even including how many times he has been pressured---I'm surprised he hasn't been broken in half physically and emotionally. 

Some of you guys may not like it, but I'm withholding judgement. If he bombs next season after we've presumably improved the line and weapons, then I'll give up.

I'm kind of on the same boat.  It looks bad this year, but everything on offense does.  If he struggles next year with better weapons/protection then I'm more than ok with moving on.  I'm in favor of not getting too attached/defensive of a player, but also not overreacting/writing off too early.  We are stuck regardless so we might as well sit and wait...

• Pie 1