• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich's seat is "on fire"

Bear Hands

1 hour ago, mc52beast said:

If he’s axed before the end of the season you’ll see Evero as IHC. He was a hot candidate last year and Tepper will want to see what he can do.

Kyle Bailey had an excellent point on this a few weeks ago- Tepper does not want another Wilks type situation, firing Reich and making Evero interim will basically mean Evero is the next guy. Can you imagine the backlash if yet another black coach is denied the role?

Before you attack, I am in no way saying that race has a factor here, but optically, you cannot have it. 

2 minutes ago, 33inNC said:

Kyle Bailey had an excellent point on this a few weeks ago- Tepper does not want another Wilks type situation, firing Reich and making Evero interim will basically mean Evero is the next guy. Can you imagine the backlash if yet another black coach is denied the role?

Before you attack, I am in no way saying that race has a factor here, but optically, you cannot have it. 

That's a pretty good point, honestly.

25 minutes ago, ncsfinest21 said:

He has to be. You give him a QB with 2 handicaps. Height and a noodle arm. I can count on my hand how many times we have thrown it more than 20 yds this season. Defenses are pressing and not even worried about anything more than 20 yards.

You don't have enough fingers or toes for that, actually.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. 

This offense is archaic and the epitome of trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. 

That said idk if I'm in on Evero anymore. Dropping Burns back into coverage on consecutive drop backs to open the game and in key situations like the end of half drive is beyond idiotic. 

If he's going to keep doing stupid poo like that he can collect his thing and join Frank in the unemployment line 

18 minutes ago, Loyalty4Life said:

I wanna see Evero given the HC after Frank is fired.  He's a potential star in the making and honestly I don't know if we could get a more qualified candidate to come in.

100%. I'm not sure anyone who is not already on staff will want this job after 2 HC fired mid season back to back. Unfortunately, it needs to happen but it is a bad look. I do think Evero + right OC + new GM + Bryce can and will work however so it isn't all bad. 

28 minutes ago, 33inNC said:

Imagine if a Donald Sterling like tape came out on Tepper. That would be what we need to get rid of him and real housewife Nicole. Wishful thinking. 

• Beer 1