• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Al Wallace= Not a fan of Ickey

ncfan

I think he let the good headlines go to his head. I can't help but think back to the preseason that after getting treated like a speed bump out there he'd be all smiles on the sidelines and talk about how great everything was going when interviewed and the Huddle attitude was largely the same. LOL! Preseason doesn't matter. Real fans know this. Well look so much better once we start game planning. Same vibes from the staff and front office. Meanwhile, I'm sitting here watching the guys who are supposed to be our best players looking like fresh ripe dog poo and thinking... uh, this is far from fine. The red flags are flying high and flying everywhere.

• Pie 4

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Well we can't now. The OL is a fuging MASH unit.

That's a next year issue. Get him ready all offseason to play OG.

Plus we are 1-10. WTF does it really matter?

There is one conceivable possibility...

If there's an older tackle currently available, a guy who might not have been able to play a full season but could still have enough to play six game, you could potentially bring that guy aboard and ask him to finish up the year on the left while moving Ekwonu inside the guard.

Preferably, this would be a guy who operated in a West Coast / zone blocking scheme before.

Before anybody asks, no I haven't looked at the free agent list. I'm just spitballing.

Edited by Mr. Scot

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

There is one conceivable possibility...

If there's an older tackle currently available, a guy who might not have been able to play a full season but could still have enough to play six game, you could potentially bring that guy aboard and ask him to finish up the year on the left while moving Ekwonu inside the guard.

Preferably, this would be a guy who operated in a West Coast / zone blocking scheme before.

Before anybody asks, no I haven't looked at the free agent list. I'm just spitballing.

Sure. If we looked like we were interested in that option. I kind of doubt that is incoming. 

5 hours ago, stratocatter said:

He is a guard, people better hope. Next year.

I agree Christensen actually looked pretty good at LT he isn't the natural athlete Ickey is but he has damn near perfect technique, I think baring a great tackle acquisition we see Christensen at LT next season Ickey at LG...

Then you just need an athletic C and hopefully Corbett can return to form at RG (not judging him based off this tire fire right now)

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, ncfan said:

This

and people want to keep going back to the Wilks run last year.

But reality is.  If your only success as a LT is run blocking and always need TE help in Pass Pro.  Then you don’t have a LT

I'm not disagreeing with you because obviously he's been terrible, but that isn't totally accurate. 

Back when I used to follow the NFL WAY more closely than I do now, there were theories that your oline could only really be good at either run or pass blocking. Whatever you were good at, you used that to set up the other thing. So a great run blocking line is setting up the playaction, for example.

So yeah, I think we did have a LT, but now we're throwing 55 times a game so he's just been exposed. And at this point he's a known fraud. 

56 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

I'm not disagreeing with you because obviously he's been terrible, but that isn't totally accurate. 

Back when I used to follow the NFL WAY more closely than I do now, there were theories that your oline could only really be good at either run or pass blocking. Whatever you were good at, you used that to set up the other thing. So a great run blocking line is setting up the playaction, for example.

So yeah, I think we did have a LT, but now we're throwing 55 times a game so he's just been exposed. And at this point he's a known fraud. 

This isn’t WAY back then

This isn’t the I formation Jon Fox era line up’s and run it down your throat 90 times with a Fullback era.

You can’t be a 1 trick poney in today’s league.   And if you are.  You aren’t franchise caliber starter.  You’re a depth or role player.

Heck.  Mike Remmers wasn’t a bad Run block.  Actual pretty good at it.  But you don’t want to trust him as your franchise LT as he is a complete liability 

Edited by ncfan