• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Frank Reich Fired as Panthers HC - Official

NJPanthers12

Bryce may or may not be a bust, but I think firing Reich was the right move. Their were several things independent of Bryce or close to independent that was a cause for concern. 

The regression of the Oline - 

No running game 

Bad game management

Lack of offensive innovation. 

Would CJ Stroud cover up a lot of these issues? Of course. But he would be held back. We'd be in the situation we were in prior where we had this young dynamic QB in Cam, held back by an average head coach. I would have waited to the year was over, but in my mind, Reich wasn't the guy. 

• Pie 1

Panthers win percentages:
Total to date: ~46.30%
Through 2017 Season (Pre Tupper): ~49.86%
2018 to date (Since Tupper): ~32.26%

Team Value:
Panthers estimated team value has increased to over 4.1 billion (according to https://www.forbes.com/teams/carolina-panthers/?sh=2b5a3a847a58). Tupper bought it at ~2.28 billion.

Savvy business move for Tupper but maybe at the cost of the team and fans. One might conjecture Tupper does not care about the W/L stats. I guess as long as the fans keep buying the merch and filling the seats there is no need to put a good product on the field.

🤑

Frank shouldn't have been hired in the first place, but I still feel bad for him. He came in and the team immediately gives up their best receiver and a bunch of draft picks for the top draft choice. Then they pick a QB that many suspect was not Reich's first choice and doesn't fit the weapons. Oh, and the o-line regressed from past year.

I don't know how they fix this.

• Pie 3

I think Frank stared to regret taking the job when he didn’t get a QB he wanted. 

I think Frank really regretted taking the job when he was asked to give up playcalling.  

Think Frank knew he was a dead man walking a couple weeks ago when he got it back.  Always felt he was half way in to this whole thing anyway. 

• Beer 1

Frank Reich is obviously the reason CMC & DJ Moore got traded, Brian Burns wasn't traded, Derrick Brown hasn't been a dominant playmaker, Jaycee Horn can't stay healthy, Ikem Ekwonu can't play LT & Bryce Young can't pass from the pocket.

Let's not forgive Frank for wasting all those draft picks on Sam Darnold, Baker Mayfield, CJ Henderson, Matt Corral, Brandon Smith & DJ Johnson.

He walked into a loaded WR room too with the young trio of TMJ, Mingo & Shi.

This team was clearly built for any coach to succeed year 1 & had no sign of roster regression.

Fitterer, the Teppers & Rhule have been the problem. FIRE FITT & stop pretending average coaches like Reich can do anything with the dumpster fire started by clowns & balanced on a brass bull sack that has been the Panthers roster build since 2021.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think Frank stared to regret taking the job when he didn’t get a QB he wanted. 

I think Frank really regretted taking the job when he was asked to give up playcalling.  

Think Frank knew he was a dead man walking a couple weeks ago when he got it back.  Always felt he was half way in to this whole thing anyway. 

Yea I don't think he's wanted to be here since right after the draft. Bryce couldn't run the offense him and Brown made and that was made clear when Dalton started

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, Mistuh Jones said:

Why Tabor over Brown or Evero?!? We could've hung on to one of them.  Every has done a great freaking job imho

"Because Tabor has interim HC experience" is the answer most have said. What you should really say is, it doesn't matter. Brown or Evero can't fix this team. Why waste their time with the interim tag? They won't be the HC next season.

4 hours ago, 45catfan said:

What a relief for Frank.  God speed brother.

Yeah, he got Bryce Younged. Not a great coach to begin with but when you are forced to take a QB you don’t want that lacks the skills to be good in the NFL you are doomed.  Mccown was let go because he wanted Stroud too.  I hope they both tell all.  Tepper is the worst owner in the NFL by a mile.  

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

12 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Yea I don't think he's wanted to be here since right after the draft. Bryce couldn't run the offense him and Brown made and that was made clear when Dalton started

I’ve said this for weeks. His demeanor changed after the draft. He was forced to take a high school QB.  

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1