• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

When Is Fitterer Fired?

BIGH2001

He needs to be gone ASAP. We need to have a new GM in place when we begin the next coaching search. I don't have a big issue with giving Reich the rest of the season, but we don't need to be looking for a GM and HC at the same time if we can help it.

Get the GM lined up by season's end so that he can assist in the HC search.

• Beer 1

Probably at the end of the season. Not much reason to fire a GM right now, because you can’t hire anyone at the moment and will only have a vacant spot. 

The billion dollar question I want answered is who picked Bryce Young over CJ Stroud? If it really was Tepper meddling, ain’t much we can do, but anyone associated with this decision deserves to be fired.

• Pie 9

26 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

The way Fitt and Tepper seem pretty on level in the booth tells me he could be staying unfortunately.  

yea not sure how fitt has this hold on dipper.... but do it right and get rid of fitt too...cant see what dipper sees in fittererers body of work to keep him around.

23 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

The way Fitt and Tepper seem pretty on level in the booth tells me he could be staying unfortunately.  

Starting to feel like Fitts is just a proxy. Here, cash these checks so I can have a legit looking GM on paper and then rubber stamp Dave and Nicole's decisions. I mean, Fitts took a "GM" job that didn't include final roster say. He essentially took a job to be a career college coach's wet nurse. So we already know Fitts is willing to be GM in title only.

I just struggle to believe that folks with legit football backgrounds would have made as many roster mistakes as Fitts and company have. And I really struggle to believe that someone as impatient as Tepper would sit by and watch it happen while firing everyone else twice.

I honestly think Tepper is essentially the GM.

• Pie 4

15 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I just struggle to believe that folks with legit football backgrounds would have made as many roster mistakes as Fitts and company have.

It happens all the time. Certainly Tepper has made things worse with his meddling, but I promise you it ain't Tepper continually whiffing on mid-late round draft picks, leaving us with little to no depth.

Tepper has no doubt pushed for certain moves (the trade-up, the Watson chase, a few others) but Fitterer is absolutely to blame for his own piss poor draft record and free agent busts.

• Pie 5