• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Young safe?

TheBigKat

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

its been over half a season now, what NFL traits does he possess?   I think the pundits are wising up now to him

When he has time, he's made very accurate throws with anticipation.  He's shown the ability to escape pressure.  

I know this entire thread will be a shitposting Bryce thread and will disagree with me.  

The next coach will want Bryce and see potential.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, 45catfan said:

Facts.  Tepper, by devoting (wasting) another year on Bryce, this team is going to miss out on this immense QB draft.  YES, it's deep enough to get a QB1 At #33.

Let's see if they are so bad that they miss out by getting stiff-armed Manning style in 25...

It's going to be building around him the rest of his time here...with Fittz as GM. It's going to be a disaster and I am going to be here to laugh and make fun of them all

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Whoever is hired should be able to provide an honest evaluation of Bryce without consequences from Tepper. ......Whether it's the QB or the offense, this isn't the right situation for BY to grow as a QB. 

Agree.  But currently, it's mostly impossible to provide that because of the situation. 

Which is why they need a coach that can put him in a situation that allows him to be successful and THEN evaluate him.

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, jamos14 said:

Why?   They have to develop him.  There is no other choice.   So they will choose the best tandem that builds around his strenghts.

He can be a good NFL QB and many coaches and execs will agree even if you don't.

yes, they did say those things 

Many of those coaches and execs said ..the Panthers have an all star coaching staff’ too

sometimes the ‘ experts ‘  lack common sense 

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

its been over half a season now, what NFL traits does he possess?   I think the pundits are wising up now to him

They are cautious not to be too quick to judgement on QBs as they take the longest to develop.  Generally I would agree, but like you said, I don't see the potential.  If I saw NFL qualities, I could be patient, but I don't.  It's not ONLY about the record.  Trevor Lawrence, Peyton Manning, Aikman etc... all had rough rookie campaigns, BUT you saw the traits that would eventually make them great.  I see nothing in Bryce that leads me to believe he can be a QB1 at this level.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

Just now, jamos14 said:

Agree.  But currently, it's mostly impossible to provide that because of the situation. 

Which is why they need a coach that can put him in a situation that allows him to be successful and THEN evaluate him.

It will take more than a single season to fill the offense with players better than JAGs that could even run something similar to what he did at Bama. That's at least 2, maybe 3 more years to get him in a position to be successful. 

If you limit yourself to a coach that is best running an offense specifically suited for BY, then the HC hire is simple. Nick Saban it is. 

7 minutes ago, rayzor said:

he'll be safe for next year. best way of securing an early 1st round pick (unless he miraculously turns it around).

That's the problem, 2024 is a prime year to draft a QB.  2025?  Not so much.  The top two QBs are underclassmen who have zero incentive to return and the next several guys are seniors+ and most have to come out.  What does that leave for 2025? Not much.

Not every Huddler constantly shitposts Bryce but this thread has many.    I'm trying to have a real conversation about the future of the team and my thoughts. 

He has traits that can help the team be successful.    What you think is irrelevant because other coaches in the NFL will agree and try to develop him.

Hopefully it works.  

And for the record, I wanted Stroud.  But talking poo about Bryce doesn't matter now, he is here for 2 more years minimum.  We need to develop a team around him.

3 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

It will take more than a single season to fill the offense with players better than JAGs that could even run something similar to what he did at Bama. That's at least 2, maybe 3 more years to get him in a position to be successful. 

If you limit yourself to a coach that is best running an offense specifically suited for BY, then the HC hire is simple. Nick Saban it is. 

The only way you can eat a cow is one bite at a time.  Gotta start somewhere.   

Fitterer needs to go so we can bring in some FA and draft picks that actually make a difference.