• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

RB Coach Duce Staley and QB Coach Josh McCown fired

jamos14

Just now, WhoKnows said:

Who cares. He didn’t catch 3 balls last year and he didn’t catch 4 balls this year. On half the receptions last year he had more yards than he’s had this year on twice the receptions. Basically, he’s getting shorter passes and his ypc went down 1.1 ypc this year. That’s a huge drop.

Chuba’s best year was 2022.

You haven't actually watched any of the games this year, have you?

5 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Robot Voice: Bryce best QB of all time, keep pounding, if we had best o-line of all time and best WRs of all time we would be in Super Bowl, keep pounding, let's gooo, he has not made one mistake yet this season, all fault is elsewhere, this computes, go Panthers.

we would still be one and done in the playoffs

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

You haven't actually watched any of the games this year, have you?

Yes, watched them all unfortunately. What did I say that was wrong? Is he averaging more YPC this year or last year? Is his YPR better this year than last year? Sorry bud, the whole are you watching stuff goes out the window if it’s not true. Hubbard has not been the issue and the OL has gotten worse overall but maybe you didn’t watch last year or you are still clouded by the fact that you thought we had an all star coaching staff.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Yes, watched them all unfortunately. What did I say that was wrong? Is he averaging more YPC this year or last year? Is his YPR better this year than last year? Sorry bud, the whole are you watching stuff goes out the window if it’s not true. Hubbard has not been the issue and the OL has gotten worse overall but maybe you didn’t watch last year or you are still clouded by the fact that you thought we had an all star coaching staff.

Oy 🙄

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

How many passes has he dropped this year?

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/chuba-hubbard-player-stats?category=receiving&seasonType=reg

He went from 1 drop last year to 0 so far this year. The improvement as a receiver was between his rookie year (when he dropped 7 passes) and last year, not this season. Last year he averaged 12yds/rec, this year averaging 6. Yes offense struggles is a part of that and he's had a larger sample size of receiving this year but no stats, rushing or receiving, suggest improvement from last year.

Stats aside, my eye test is that Chuba hasn't been any better this year than last and he's really no more than an ok backup RB. Very replaceable and nothing that Duce should hang his hat on with regards to his coaching job this year.

• Pie 1

Just now, t96 said:

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/chuba-hubbard-player-stats?category=receiving&seasonType=reg

He went from 1 drop last year to 0 so far this year. The improvement as a receiver was between his rookie year (when he dropped 7 passes) and last year, not this season. Last year he averaged 12yds/rec, this year averaging 6. Yes offense struggles is a part of that and he's had a larger sample size of receiving this year but no stats, rushing or receiving, suggest improvement from last year.

Stats aside, my eye test is that Chuba hasn't been any better this year than last and he's really no more than an ok backup RB. Very replaceable and nothing that Duce should hang his hat on with regards to his coaching job this year.

My eye test tells me a lot different.

Hell, people were talking about Chuba being one of our best offensive players yesterday.

You have to throw in Blackshear as well.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

McCown fired over Bryce, a quarterback that wasn't his choice.

Staley fired over Sanders I guess, but Hubbard and Blackshear were both improved over last year.

I thought he was leaning Stroud based off the Ohio State visit but do we have any viable proof on that matter?

I guess Tabor and Caldwell didn't like what they contributed to the process so far. Knives out lol

Suspicious Chris Evans GIF by Knives Out

Trying to spin this in a positive way is hilarious. Even if you blame Staley for Sanders it's not like there isn't a GM over him that should shoulder most of that blame. This is going to be fun with a few more losses. I have no idea how it affects the locker room. This could implode and honestly that may be the most entertaining outcome.