• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Keyshawn Johnson on live Nat'l tv "I stand on this until I die Frank Reich did not want Bryce Young."

CamWhoaaCam

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean if you want to equate a random Reddit account to….

NFL QB Boomer Esiason?  Who was also Frank old college roommate?  I mean Boomer was doing his own Frank PR parade publicly while the Panthers were debating about what Frank wanted. 

or you can just listen to the Panthers organization that claims everyone agreed despite every beat writer that follows us noting otherwise.  They ended in agreement because Tepper won. 

So because what he worked with in the past means what they want now?

So by that logic.  Ron Rivera ran a 3-4 prior to coming to Carolina.  So therefor Ron not Tepper wanted to change to a 3-4 his last year?

23 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I doubt either will as they are both looking for jobs now.  Reich on the other hand should fuging unload on tepper unless there is some disparagement clause in his contract but his statement today was like a damn textbook stockholm syndrome

Reich isn't the type.

Staley though?

One of the reasons he came here to be closer to his ailing mother. Now he's out of a job, and taking one with another NFL team would defeat his purpose. He could still take a job with a local University of course, and David Tepper would have no say in that.

That might be the sort of thing that loosens somebody's tongue.

the original plan leading up to the draft was to trade to 2nd overall and most likely take CJ or Richardson since Bryce was the "consensus" number one. But once the Texan backed out, Tepper wanted to swing his "brass balls" and trade to number one instead. Fitt wanted his own 5'10 Russell Wilson, Nicole wanted her new boy toy, and Tepper wanted to prove his level of "genius" using analytics and the S2 test.

Reich and McCown most likely wanted either CJ or Richardson but was "okay" with taking Bryce since they had an all-star staff with "QB gurus". But once Bryce got here, they quickly found out he wasn't ready and didn't have the physical tools to succeed in Reich's offense. Hence the 20 WR screen game vs Vikings compared to Dalton's game vs the Seahawks.

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Every Beat writer?

I can’t think of 1.  Maybe Joe Person who questioned it but he said he didnt know.  While Kaye, Kunkle, Gantt and others stated that was wrong.

Nah. It’s about how things are worded.  They all cite the differing opinions within at one point.   

everyone words and has different focuses on what ultimately played out was.   It’s all word play,  Frank wanted Bryce.  I mean I don’t dispute that was ultimate position in the end.  But MY company gets me take on positions and endorse them all the time.  I could have been 100% against it during decision time.  But if I don’t get my way I got to pimp the other way as awesome.  My differing opinion.disappears.  I saw the light.  Boss wins sometimes .  

58 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

not if he wants that remaining $30+ million. Usually contracts have non-disparagement clauses in them. Frank is gonna sit at home, poo himself, stew in it, enjoy hot coco and watch $30 million come in the next 3 years

McCown and Deuce aren’t owed millions, pretty sure they’d have no issue putting Tepper on blast if they wanted to.

And frankly, McCown might have to do that to help sell himself for any future coaching jobs anyways

2 hours ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

This just isn't true.

The Texans almost traded up for Young. The Raiders tried trading up for Young. The overwhelming evidence suggests Bryce was near consensus QB1 throughout the league heading into this draft. Dane Brugler, one of the more reputable scouts in the world for the Athletic, ranked Bryce as his number one overall player for the entire draft.

Was everyone wrong? Yes. But acting like it was only the Teppers who wanted Bryce just simply is not correct.

Who cares? Everyone now knows that Bryce sucks and we are the unlucky team that is stuck with him. My biggest fear is our idiot owner will take this franchise even lower by forcing the new staff to build around a guy who should be holding a clipboard.