• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I legit feel bad for Bryce

Dorian Gray

On 11/28/2023 at 2:53 PM, rebelrouser said:

Can you blame him with this line? This franchise might ruin a decent qb prospect. I bet Bryce would be doing well on the Texans. Whether even CJ could succeed here is up in the air. 

Saying Cj who is setting records on a 3 win team last year would struggle here in the same way on a team that won 7 is already funny. But saying bryce would be doing well on the texans is just pure comedy. 

2 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

A bunch of y'all didn't feel bad for Corral. How about Penix at the top of the 2nd? BY not making this throw

I like Penix but he is older with some great weapons around him. He didn’t play like this at Indiana just like Bo Nix didn’t at Auburn. 

2 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

A bunch of y'all didn't feel bad for Corral. How about Penix at the top of the 2nd? BY not making this throw

Pretty sure he made a similar pass to Thielen after spinning out of a sack but it was to the opposite side of the field. Grasping at straws trying to find anything to throw shade on our QB. I think it's time for some of yall to finally go root for a new team because garbage takes like this are getting really really old.

https://youtube.com/shorts/uZOESVlpNdk?si=ksAtrj9iz9itpAi1

Only difference is the college WR actually had separation for his QB to throw the ball. Thielen had 0 separation and Bryce still threw a dot. Similar route both are running to the corner pylon Penix had about 37 air yards compared to Bryce's 35.

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Saying Cj who is setting records on a 3 win team last year would struggle here in the same way on a team that won 7 is already funny. But saying bryce would be doing well on the texans is just pure comedy. 

Thinking teams remain the same from year to year and thinking prior year records are some sort of indictment on the current year is actually the comedy part. It just shows you don't know what you're talking about when it comes to this sport. Every team starts completely over in the offseason. Especially teams that change their entire coaching staff. The personnel change, the players change. Injuries. There are so many different factors that weigh on a team from year to year. Look at the 2015 Panthers. They went 15-1 to 6-10 the following year. First team in NFL History to go 15-1 and miss the playoffs the following year. What's your explanation for that? By your logic they should have went undefeated or at the very least secured double digit wins. Would love to hear an explanation

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin

2 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

It might come as a shock to you but both teams are completely different from last season. Last season means absolute nothing when comparing the two situations.

I think multiple things can be true. Stroud should have been the pick. He’s a better NFL QB. 

Bryce isn’t THE problem on offense. 

Bryce is absolutely one of the problems with the offense. 

Fitterer has been absolutely trash in the draft so why do we feel like the guy who assembled one of the worst rosters in the NFL got the Bryce pick right? 

7 hours ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Pretty sure he made a similar pass to Thielen after spinning out of a sack but it was to the opposite side of the field. Grasping at straws trying to find anything to throw shade on our QB. I think it's time for some of yall to finally go root for a new team because garbage takes like this are getting really really old.

Only difference is the college WR actually had separation for his QB to throw the ball. Thielen had 0 separation and Bryce still threw a dot. Similar route both are running to the corner pylon Penix had about 37 air yards compared to Bryce's 35.

This team is the Carolina Panthers, not the Carolina Bryce Youngs. I hope he succeeds but I’m not going to pretend like what I’ve seen is good.

18 hours ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Not comparable at all. Bryce chucked a very interceptable heave that to the inside of the field that went about 35 yards and that Thielen was luckily able to catch. Penix made a read and dropped a touch pass over the outside shoulder where only his receiver could get it, and the ball travelled 40-ish air yards accounting for the cross-field distance from left hash to catch. Bryce was also moving to his left and Penix was stationary.

Also, Thielen has a good 1.5 yards or more of separation coming across the field. Bryce just threw a poorly-placed ball that required him to slow down and adjust.

What does it all mean? Who knows, beyond a direct comparison of the two plays.