• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC Trade, et all

Shocker

cmc trade is not as bad, we’ve had some decent rbs since, but the problem is trading talent away before a replacement is in house, we basically cut/traded every major offensive position before having a replacement, and relied on the draft to replace those guys

we’ll look amongst us, it’s the result of said draft picks not being near adequate replacement for what we let go or traded 

2 hours ago, FugginPoo said:

CMC sucked his last two years here, we literally improved greatly when he left last year.  He’s great in the right system, he’s not an MVP or anything crazy like that

6-6 is improving greatly? 

Tell me you’re biased without telling me you’re biased. 

4 hours ago, Shocker said:

No…there is absolutely nothing about trading CMC for anything that did not include multiple firsts wasn’t a wrong move.  The salary cap doesn’t matter when you have a superstar player like him,  I disagree completely 

There was no team in the NFL that was going to give us a first round pick for him.

People here really have zero clue when it comes to the NFL RB market. 

The MVP thing is absolutely laughable. It's been 11 years since a RB won the MVP and for very good reasons. They are secondary or tertiary elements of modern NFL offenses.

It's amazing how many Huddlers are still in the "three yards and a cloud of dust" era. 

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, Waldo said:

The more I think about it the not trading Burns to the Rams trumps the CMC trade easily. We would still have our 24 #1st and Moore regardless of the QB. Now he is either getting way overpaid, walking or a franchise tag struggle.

I wasn’t personally upset by the CMC trade. I don’t value RBs that high either, is why I guess. We still had a fine running game with him gone. 

The trade for #1 compounded by the stupidest decision in the history of the NFL, making a high school sized baller whose voice hasn’t changed the number one pick. Totally opposed the instant I heard the idea. Moronic.  

It was a disastrous decision. Ask Frank lol. I used to say ask anyone who knows the NFL isn’t college and it a no brainer, but people have gone crazy post Covid. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, stratocatter said:

I wasn’t personally upset by the CMC trade. I don’t value RBs that high either, is why I guess. We still had a fine running game with him gone. 

The trade for #1 compounded by the stupidest decision in the history of the NFL, making a high school sized baller whose voice hasn’t changed the number one pick. Totally opposed the instant I heard the idea. Moronic.  

It was a disastrous decision. Ask Frank lol. I used to say ask anyone who knows the NFL isn’t college and it a no brainer, but people have gone crazy post Covid. 

People actually believe the best of that level is actually close to the level of the NFL. SEC blah blah blah. 

Giving good interviews got Rhule, Fritterer and Reich all hired and a bunch of scrubs drafted. It's a trend with Tepper. And it is moronic but it's also moronic to think running a team like a hedge fund is a good idea. Some old dogs learn new tricks and others don't learn while staying on the road. So far Tepper hasn't shown he has learned a damn thing from his mistakes. 

12 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't lobbying to GTFO of here. He and the team say he wasn't but all the sitting out with relatively minor nagging injuries and then getting traded for not a great return to a contender and then suddenly getting a lot more durable (like I predicted)? It all just adds up to feeling like he forced his way out of here.

For the record, I was 100% onboard with trading CMC. We needed a QB and we needed draft capital. We just fuged it up like we have everything else under Tepper.

I was OK with the trade if we got a late first. We completely flubbed the trade. SF was a good team but got off to a bad start Fitterer, as usual, didn’t get that. He didn’t foresee the fact that CMC would make a huge difference for them and he did. Bam, all those picks went from early round to end of the rounds. The Rams offered us pick 36 (their second) for CMC. The total value of the picks we got was basically pick 43 and I bet we probably could have gotten the Rams 3rd too or maybe a 2024 day 2 pick.

Same with Moore. We had pick 15 on the table from GB and we said we didn’t want to deal him and then he becomes a throw in on the Young trade. We didn’t bother taking or leveraging Burns’ trade offer. Based on the bounty, we could have traded Burns plus pick 9.

The best move I can think of under Tepper/Hurney/Fitt is signing Reddick (a Rhule guy) for a big year while cheap. That’s all I can think of that was a great value and we decided we didn’t want to pay him after one year. Is it any wonder we are the worst team in the league?

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

The best move I can think of under Tepper/Hurney/Fitt is signing Reddick (a Rhule guy) for a big year while cheap. That’s all I can think of that was a great value and we decided we didn’t want to pay him after one year. Is it any wonder we are the worst team in the league?

And we even fuged that one up. Hindsight being 20/20, the obviously correct play was to sign Reddick long-term freeing us up to take the haul from the Rams for Burns.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

And we even fuged that one up. Hindsight being 20/20, the obviously correct play was to sign Reddick long-term freeing us up to take the haul from the Rams for Burns.

Amazing how bad the Fitterer era was and is. I long for Gettleman, warts and all. Heck, I’d give Hurney another pass. Neither of them were good but damn, they were gods compared to Fitterer. Dude is always wrong and has 0 foresight.

35 minutes ago, Waldo said:

People actually believe the best of that level is actually close to the level of the NFL. SEC blah blah blah. 

Giving good interviews got Rhule, Fritterer and Reich all hired and a bunch of scrubs drafted. It's a trend with Tepper. And it is moronic but it's also moronic to think running a team like a hedge fund is a good idea. Some old dogs learn new tricks and others don't learn while staying on the road. So far Tepper hasn't shown he has learned a damn thing from his mistakes. 

I wish I could find a clip I watched a while after the draft. The debate was over I didn’t see the need to bookmark bu5 man I really should have  I have looked a couple of times since and can’t find it  

The familiar faces on there were talking SEC vs NFL. I want to say Antonio Pierce but he wasn’t SEC, I think he was part of the group though.

I need to find it because it is the truth from people who played in the SEC and the NFL.

Basically the SEC is as close as it gets for college but it is not the NFL which is a whole ‘nother ballgame. Night and day.  

Edited by stratocatter
  • Beer 1

15 minutes ago, stratocatter said:

I wish I could find a clip I watched a while after the draft. The debate was over I didn’t see the need to bookmark bu5 man I really should have  I have looked a couple of times since and can’t find it  

The familiar faces on there were talking SEC vs NFL. I want to say Antonio Pierce but he wasn’t SEC, I think he was part of the group though.

I need to find it because it is the truth from people who played in the SEC and the NFL.

Basically the SEC is as close as it gets for college but it is not the NFL which is a whole ‘nother ballgame. Night and day.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

That’s the one Linville (oops, not Waldo). My memory isn’t so great it was only Henry. 

All you have top do is think a little. The numbers of guys drafted. The numbers of them you’d typically find in an SEC program not named Alabama or Georgia, or whoever is dominating at the time.

NFL facilities, coaches, meds, money/full time gig based on performance, a year of training and competing vs NFL starters takes them so far above their SEC selves, it is like little bro and big bro. 

Edited by stratocatter