• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Frank given the option to change?

CRA

Sounds like he didn't get along well with the FO either. This sure sounds like a pissing match between him and people in the organization and he was an old hand that had a guaranteed contract who knew how this all ends. He took the 'please fire me approach' and I would have too.

2 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Just an FYI:

Via PFR we are 20th and 21st in RPO and PA passes in the league this year.

Tua, who also thrives in an RPO/PA based offense is #1 in both those categories.

For whatever reason, Reich didn't build his offense around his rookie QB's strengths which is completely asinine.

Or, conversely, he built an offense for a QB we didn't draft.

Unfortunately, we'll never know.  One of the clauses that is apparently inserted into these coaching contracts is that they are not allowed to disclose information like that if they want to get paid after being fired.  They are contractually obligated to keep their mouth shut.

23 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Said this in another thread but I have a hard time believing Frank was bullied into betting his career on a QB he didn't want and then grew a spine when asked to run some RPOs. 

On the other hand, maybe by the time tepper was demanding RPO's , Reich had grown sick and tired of teps meddling and decided he'd had enough to basically tell him to pound sand.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Or, conversely, he built an offense for a QB we didn't draft.

Unfortunately, we'll never know.  One of the clauses that is apparently inserted into these coaching contracts is that they are not allowed to disclose information like that if they want to get paid after being fired.  They are contractually obligated to keep their mouth shut.

Stroud is I think 18th and 12th in those same categories. Stroud would fit Reich's offense better.

We can wax poetic about Bryce v Stroud until we're blue in the face, but the fact of the matter is we chose Bryce and our Offensive guru HC was too stubborn to tailor an offense that not only Bryce, but the ENTIRE offensive personnel could thrive in. No one we had on roster fit this scheme.

I've come to believe that Stroud will have looked BETTER than Bryce on this team, but the run game would still be just as abysmal and the pass blocking just as inept due to the personnel being better suited for other schemes.

Reich did NO ONE other than Adam Thielan on this offense any favors.

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Said this in another thread but I have a hard time believing Frank was bullied into betting his career on a QB he didn't want and then grew a spine when asked to run some RPOs. 

Except his career was already near the end when he was hired. Didn't he say it was his last gig also?

Is it being bullied or just saying fug it I got that gaurentedd cash while mailing it in? It sure seems that way when you look at his preseason strategy and then how he rolled the entire year. I would bet he took back playcalling just to make it end.

Kyle Bailey gave more insight on his show yesterday about this tweet. It's not to imply that Frank has never run RPO (which he clearly has) - moreso it's that when people inside the organization brought up this idea he basically just said "no that's not something I want to do here". 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, travisura said:

So they fired him for not running something that he's never historically run. This is on Tepper and the FO for not knowing who they hired and the system he runs, and saddling him with a QB that doesn't fit that system. This organization is something else, I tell ya.

I mean, the NFL is always evolving.  And any coach in the year 2023 should be able to somewhat adapt to different personnel.