• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You're David Tepper, how do you structure a deal/offer to get Ben Johnson's attention?

TheBigKat

Ben Johnson will have WAY better options this off-season:

Bears with 2 first round picks in the top 5, DJ Moore, familiar with the division, cap space, tradeable assets in Fields, an improving defense

Chargers - Top 10 QB, top 10 RB that can catch out of the backfield, top safety, great pair of DEs, top 15 WR. He can turn them from pretenders to contenders OVERNIGHT

With that said, any of these franchises will fork out money, so if you're Tepper and have a lifeless team with poor draft capital and no franchise players what's your pitch

Money: He has LOTS of it and has not been shy to flex that wallet, current highest paid coach is Bill B at $20 million a year

Commitment: he needs to know he won't be a one and done head coach, that to overhaul this is gonna take 3 years minimum

Control: he needs to know you won't be meddling with every decision or passing post it notes from your tecmo bowl evaluation

My offer is:

7 years, $210 million with Ben to pick his GM and it's only Ben and the GM who have final personnel matters

You have shown commitment financially by the annual rate and length of the contract, you've also shown you won't meddle in personnel or pick another flunk GM

• Flames 1

He looks to want to win and build something over just money. Try seeing what GM he would work with and whatelse it would take to make it work. I'm not huge on a HC picking a GM, I would rather see the opposite (I don't want to see anything else from SF).

Tepper isn't getting rid of HIS GM and he isn't becoming more 'hands off' either. Expect a lot less then a Ben Johnson.

23 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

Ben Johnson will have WAY better options this off-season:

Bears with 2 first round picks in the top 5, DJ Moore, familiar with the division, cap space, tradeable assets in Fields, an improving defense

Chargers - Top 10 QB, top 10 RB that can catch out of the backfield, top safety, great pair of DEs, top 15 WR. He can turn them from pretenders to contenders OVERNIGHT

With that said, any of these franchises will fork out money, so if you're Tepper and have a lifeless team with poor draft capital and no franchise players what's your pitch

Money: He has LOTS of it and has not been shy to flex that wallet, current highest paid coach is Bill B at $20 million a year

Commitment: he needs to know he won't be a one and done head coach, that to overhaul this is gonna take 3 years minimum

Control: he needs to know you won't be meddling with every decision or passing post it notes from your tecmo bowl evaluation

My offer is:

7 years, $210 million with Ben to pick his GM and it's only Ben and the GM who have final personnel matters

You have shown commitment financially by the annual rate and length of the contract, you've also shown you won't meddle in personnel or pick another flunk GM

normally you don’t have coaches pick the GM it’s a backwards dynamic, weird, and doesn’t work…really only done with all star HCs but since the alternative is numnuts, I guess we have no choice 

even if I had no clue how or who to pick a GM, I’d demand dumbass Tepper get rid of Fit and let me pick names out of a hat

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Johnstonny said:

Hes not remotely close to that money....but dipper likes to try and play money ball.

Bears and Chargers would offer him a 10-15is a year contract for 4 years

If you wanted his attention here to deal with and clean up the mess, it's going to take a massive overpayment