• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Players react to firing. They don’t seem too upset

raleigh-panther

1 minute ago, Ship said:

maybe eventually bryce will blow his top and demand more of his teammates when he starts to realize their apathy is going to make him into one of the biggest busts in NFL history if he doesn't turn it around. stop being nice bryce!

If y’all actually follow the team and not just post here, you’d know Mile Sanders said Bryce told them to get their poo together a few weeks ago. 

You can yell at them all you want. There’s no talent on this team. 

• Pie 2

14 minutes ago, stratocatter said:

Yeah they know Frank wasn't the problem. What's changed?

They don’t respect Frank. He came along at a really bad time and I don’t believe the players fault him for that, but the moment Young was the pick and Frank mailed it in, it was a wrap. No one respects a loser and Frank obviously did not care one way or the other. They lost all respect for him too. Where is there evidence of team respect for Bryce? What player goes to the paint for him when a mic is in their face?

So default team leadership goes: Owner, head coach, QB, then everyone else  

Players to a man respected JR. they respected Fox and Jake, Rivers and Newton. Tepper, Frank and Bryce? Please. I’ll say it again, Bryce wasn’t my guy, but he was never given a shot at anything along the way. 

The effort, energy and losing are all symptoms of the larger problem. The winning will return when the players have someone they’re willing to play for. 

The effort now is to rally around Bryce and I like it. Give him a chance. A clean 200 yard 3 TD game will do him snd the team worlds of good. They seemingly have purged the anti-Bryce people, rightfully. More may still yet to go. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, AceBoogie said:

If y’all actually follow the team and not just post here, you’d know Mile Sanders said Bryce told them to get their poo together a few weeks ago. 

You can yell at them all you want. There’s no talent on this team. 

there are plenty of teams with no talent who compete. players who are motivated can make things happen. it all matters. as a cam fan you've seen a guy who isn't afraid to be pissed after losses. glad you can read a tweet and say oh well he tried once. make the apathetic guys uncomfortable.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Gapanthersfan said:

They don’t respect Frank. He came along at a really bad time and I don’t believe the players fault him for that, but the moment Young was the pick and Frank mailed it in, it was a wrap. No one respects a loser and Frank obviously did not care one way or the other. They lost all respect for him too. Where is there evidence of team respect for Bryce? What player goes to the paint for him when a mic is in their face?

So default team leadership goes: Owner, head coach, QB, then everyone else  

Players to a man respected JR. they respected Fox and Jake, Rivers and Newton. Tepper, Frank and Bryce? Please. I’ll say it again, Bryce wasn’t my guy, but he was never given a shot at anything along the way. 

The effort, energy and losing are all symptoms of the larger problem. The winning will return when the players have someone they’re willing to play for. 

The effort now is to rally around Bryce and I like it. Give him a chance. A clean 200 yard 3 TD game will do him snd the team worlds of good. They seemingly have purged the anti-Bryce people, rightfully. More may still yet to go. 

Have fun with Bryce Young. I am with Frank on that. That's a fantasy. 

I'd say we're gonna see, but they screw it up every time somehow so I doubt anyone that still has questions gets them answered. 

1 hour ago, BIGH2001 said:

It’s to be expected when you know you have zero chance to win week in and week out thanks to your front office assembling the worst roster in the league and your coach looking like the walking dead. 2010 had a similar vibe as did 2001 by the end of the year.

There is more to players than their RAS score or lack thereof 

Fitterer and yes, Tepper, need to learn that 

I also want to see a little passion from Bryce  in a leadership role   QBs in the NFL are alphas   This kid, who  knows   

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Beer 1

The best teams at ALL levels, in my opinion, have great internal (player) leaders. If we had a Thomas Davis and Jake Delhomme on this team, we would be headed in the right direction. But we still have a talent shortage without a doubt.

A good coach can develop some of that as well. But just having someone to come in a shake the trees right now could be a good start.

A coach with the demeanor of a Frank Reich can be successful if you have some fiery guys in the locker room. There has to be some balance. Unfortunately, doesn't seem we have those guys in the locker room.

1 hour ago, stratocatter said:

Have fun with Bryce Young. I am with Frank on that. That's a fantasy. 

I'd say we're gonna see, but they screw it up every time somehow so I doubt anyone that still has questions gets them answered. 

1,000,000% he wasn’t my guy. He is my guy now out of default. I’m still really salty, though. I know he doesn’t have the physical tools. 

Im trying my best to be optimistic. 

• Beer 1

You can just tell the level of apathy by watching the body language on the field. Hands on hips, no gang tackling, jogging and/or standing and watching if behind the play. 

Take a look at film from one of this year's games and compare it to how the team looked in 2015 and you'll notice a clear difference in hustle. 

• Pie 1