• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Randy Mueller in Athletic on Tepper and Bryce

raleigh-panther

19 minutes ago, TN05 said:

I’d love to see what formula he used that determined a historically tiny QB was likely to be a Super Bowl champ

One that the S2 test factored very highly in I bet. Seemed like it was right after the S2 test that it started getting talked about that Stroud was out and it was basically between Bryce and Richardson at that point.

Hell, it might have just been the S2 test to be honest. I struggle to see any formula coming out with Bryce and Richardson 1 and 2. It just doesn't make sense that any formula applied consistently would produce that pairing. The inputs that are going to favor Richardson would also favor Stroud over Bryce. The inputs that would favor Bryce would also favor Stroud over Richardson. IMO, most logical formulas are gonna have Stroud at #1 or #2 with Bryce and Richardson at #1 or #3 depending on whether your favoring measurables or you're favoring stats and/or intangibles like test scores and/or subjective inputs. Bryce and Richardson just seem like kinda polar opposite evaluations IMO. Do you want the all intangibles guy backed by stats and college production or do you want the all measurables guy who doesn't have the stats or production but passes the eye test on film all day? I just can't see the same formula or group of evaluators having them 1/2.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 4

48 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Dumb sh-t like this doesn't surprise me at all.

Mentioned in the other thread that during the previous go-round, he wanted an analytics based GM.

Right!! Sadly Tepper tries to say things that sound intelligent while the team continues to make head scratching decisions that don’t involve analytics. 

For example a 5’10 rookie quarterback excelling without a formidable receiving threat. Historically there have been very few quarterbacks that have excelled without a top 15 receiving talent. The only QB that comes to mind, without wasting time to look it up, would probably be Brady while in New England. 

I guess we could make the argument for Cam in 15’ 

1 hour ago, Beast_3000 said:

Right!! Sadly Tepper tries to say things that sound intelligent while the team continues to make head scratching decisions that don’t involve analytics. 

For example a 5’10 rookie quarterback excelling without a formidable receiving threat. Historically there have been very few quarterbacks that have excelled without a top 15 receiving talent. The only QB that comes to mind, without wasting time to look it up, would probably be Brady while in New England. 

I guess we could make the argument for Cam in 15’ 

Cam in 2015 absolutely fits that bill, throwing for 3800 and 35 TDs with Ted Ginn as the #1 outside threat... truly remarkable. 

• Pie 1

As a person that has done analytical work and risk analysis for 25+ years… I wish I could help my team I’ve pulled for since 1995, my Carolina Panthers get this figured out. 

Carolina Panthers, bring me in with a few of my staff. I’ve already worked with an NBA team. That particular team picked the coach my team had the best grade on. Note: it’s worked out for them. 

• Pie 2