• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Bryce hate has gotten absurd

Adb6368

4 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Unfortunately, I think the height has been a hinderance. It feels like he’s done those jump throws and on some of his picks he’s made panics decisions where it’s sure doesn’t seem like he saw everything. I posted this before on eye levels because Brees kept coming up in comparisons and Bree’s’ eye level is much closer to Stroud than Young.

300719972_AnotherBryceBreakdown-Page4-CarolinaPanth.thumb.png.c404c01d059809b1797d3a7cdcf0272f.png

I said it's not THE problem, not that it wasn't A problem.

The height doesn't help, but if he at least had some physical traits that were even above average, it wouldn't be as big of a problem.

Kyler's height isn't a factor because he has a rocket for an arm and is extremely fast/quick, Bryce just doesn't have that to him.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Good lord, did anyone see his post game presser ?

in the name of all that is holy, please stop fidgeting…seeing  a  starting nfl qb constantly  picking at his hair, his face, scratching his arms and under shirt…come on man   

it’s like a six year old at the podium 

I really really struggle to see what they saw in this guy…

4 hours ago, lightsout said:

If Bryce had one game to give us pause, I'd slow my roll. All the QBs that had rough first years had at least one game that they looked truly impressive in. Bryce has had a handful of plays across the entire season that were impressive. His average is probably something like 1-2 plays per game.

Bryce has not looked good. He has not showed  promise. He has shown life.signs. that's about it.

Has he REALLY shown signs of life?  I don't think I've seen him make a single special play the entire season.  

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, TN05 said:

People are frustrated. It's been 6 years of losing with no end in sight.

20 of the 32 franchises that comprise the NFL have misses the playoffs for 10 consecutive years -- or longer...the Cardinals, Buccaneers and Jets have done it twice, and the Lions have done it (3) times!  

In fact, the Chiefs - Bengals - Cardinals (twice!) - Giants - Eagles - Bills Browns - and Saints...all have stretches of missing the playoffs for 14 consecutive years, or longer!!

Point being, while it is frustrating for fans of a particular team in the midst of dry-spell like the Panthers are suffering through -- in a historical context it is not at all unusual, and the vast majority of teams/fans have suffered through MUCH worse.

1 hour ago, raleigh-panther said:

Good lord, did anyone see his post game presser ?

in the name of all that is holy, please stop fidgeting…seeing  a  starting nfl qb constantly  picking at his hair, his face, scratching his arms and under shirt…come on man   

it’s like a six year old at the podium 

I really really struggle to see what they saw in this guy…

Went and watched based on your post -- bizarre.

5 hours ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Bryce will be ultimately judged by his sophomore season. If he sucks next year…that boy will be a complete bust. I think he is is having the worst rookie season from #1 overall picks in history. 

It took two and a half for everyone to realize about fields and that realization was the lack of defense and not actually admitting they were wrong

26 minutes ago, RayRedd said:

20 of the 32 franchises that comprise the NFL have misses the playoffs for 10 consecutive years -- or longer...the Cardinals, Buccaneers and Jets have done it twice, and the Lions have done it (3) times!  

In fact, the Chiefs - Bengals - Cardinals (twice!) - Giants - Eagles - Bills Browns - and Saints...all have stretches of missing the playoffs for 14 consecutive years, or longer!!

Point being, while it is frustrating for fans of a particular team in the midst of dry-spell like the Panthers are suffering through -- in a historical context it is not at all unusual, and the vast majority of teams/fans have suffered through MUCH worse.

Yeah I’ve got no intentions of suffering through 14 years of no playoffs.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, RJK said:

No hate. He’s just objectively bad as a NFL QB. Some of you need to hear that opinions that don’t align with your own  don’t equal  “hate”

Amen. 'Hate', 'hater', etc. have lost all meaning in these discussions and, when used in a discussion like this these days, just serve as a signal that someone has a strong bias toward whatever is supposedly being 'hated on.' Talking about negative realities is not 'hating'. 

• Beer 1

BY is not doing any worse than the receivers not getting open, the sorry ass playcalling, the scheme, and the O Line doing poo. 

But in a deeply dark time, he was  the only hope, when we picked him, not the olin,receivers etc. It turns out he was not a savior and now people see him as the one to blame for the hope being gone. 

The really reason we have no hope is Teppers. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

7 hours ago, CRA said:

Saying someone had a disappointing year doesn’t make them comparable to Bryce. 

Peyton Manning also rewrote the rookie record book while disappointing.  He still showed potential and reason to excited.  And he was a lab built NFL QB. 

Trevor Lawerence’s starting WR is depth for Bryce Young.  Bryce’s skill talent is weak and yet better than Trevors.  His NFL debut was a 300 + yard game.  And he was a lab built NFL QB. 

Burrow probably had the worst OL in the NFL and still went for 300+ in half his games.  And he was a lab built NFL QB

Bryce Young doesn’t have an elite NFL skill set like everyone else listed.   It stands out.  He has no special ability.  He has provided no hope. 

Kicker is,  so is CJ Stroud...NFL lab QB.