• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If you were GM, how would you use our that first pick in round 2?

SCO96

BPA that is a DL, G, or CB

While I'd love a WR, we need to fix that problem through a trade or free agency, can't "waste" another 2nd rounder on someone who isn't going to be able to be an immediate impact player from day 1.  Also need a pass catching TE, but not sure I want to use the first pick of the 2nd round there, more likely with our 3rd.

Wouldn't hate a LB either, but just doubt the value will be there compared to those other positions where there should be better options than a LB.

5 hours ago, Samppson said:

The notion that free agents wont come to Carolina, or any other not so ideal place is just never true. Sure, you probably aren't getting the aging vet looking for one last chance at a ring, but in almost all cases, the free agent signs where the money is best, regardless. Obviously they compare two situations if the money is the same, but these guys have short careers, they will go where the money is.

This

It's why we won't have a shot with someone like a Mike Evans, a contending team will offer him close to whatever we could offer him, he's not taking a couple extra million to suck with us vs contending for another ring.

We can go after guys coming off rookie contracts who want to cash in, or vets around 30 who think they can sign a 1 year deal with a team like us so they can start, and hope to showcase themselves into signing a deal with a contender in 2025.

Top 2 WRs on the market should be Higgins and Ridley, who will both be tagged, with Higgins being traded while the Jags will be trying to sign Ridley long term.  Next best would probably be Pittman, who will be in the same category as Ridley, tagged to keep, not trade.

In my opinion, our top option should be looking at trying to trade for Aiyuk as the Niners won't be able to sign him long term and likely will have to trade him this offseason while they still can.

Edited by tukafan21

Whether Fitt..or boneskull realizes it ...we are in a 3 year rebuild...so BPA...build the roster... I suspect dipper is trying to convince fitt we're only one piece away from contending... which is why he is saying yesum to whatever dipper suggest ...just to keep a salary.... but I don't trust bloatneck to pick any talent....

Edited by Johnstonny

7 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Penix has a pretty nasty injury history, is older, and is throwing to NFL WRs against PAC12 defenses. I like him, but with our OL and weapons he will end up on IR. We need to do what you were wanting us to do last year. Bite the bullet and actually build an offense before trying another QB. 

He's been healthy of late and being 'older' is actually a PLUS with me at the QB position now.  You know who has struggled mightily or outright sucked in the League?  Underclassmen QBs.  OJT is to be done in college, not in the NFL.  We can get weapons, but we need the right GM to make those calls.  Not all of them have to come from this draft class, we can dip into FA as well.

On 12/4/2023 at 3:16 PM, NorthTryon said:

Penix Jr.

Absolutely!!!!!!!!

but a new coach will likely want as many autonomous pics as possible.  If it is possible to move down 10-15 pics and acquire another 2nd. Or early Third. And as many 2nds and 3rds with quality talent.  I know Jimmy Johnson built the cowboys into a different team because of 1 trade (Herschel) and a boatload of 2nd rounders, 3rd rounders