• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Burns 55th in league with 17 pressures

jamos14

18 hours ago, jamos14 said:

Brian Burns is 55TH in the league in total pressures, 17. 36TH in the league in sacks with 6.0 And his brother is complaining on twitter about not having a new contract? What kind of contract is he expecting? He has played his way out of a top tier deal. Give me a break.

I'm done with him.  He is Scott Fitterer's biggest mistake; he would be another team's $30 million dollar problem and we'd have draft capital again.

I'm glad we held out on paying him, it was clearly the correct decision.

Same! Yet the Lions wanted him badly to fill that MISSING LINK to compete against the 49ers otherwise forget about it but our dumb GM refused to make calls or listen to offers at the trading deadline. 

https://sidelionreport.com/posts/detroit-lions-rumors-trade-targets-linked-01hdeffcj810/3

https://heavy.com/sports/detroit-lions/brian-burns-jameson-williams-nfl-rumors/

The reason why the Lions traded for People Jones is that Goff does NOT trust Jamo and has avoided him like kryptonite just like Ohio State did. Only Bryce trust him so we should have accommodated the Lions by trading Burns for Jamo! Forget about demanding a future 1st on top of Jamo which the Lions are hesitant on but straight up for Burns is a done deal to get us that playmakers which will make Bryce so happy cause he would finally start doing for us like Tyreek is going for Tua.

Only I have understand the Bama connection between these two close friends that NO ONE HERE does including our clueless GM. Let make me happen this offseason or get fired as it will be a WIN WIN for both teams!!!

Burns is about Burns. Nothing more, nothing less. 

Panther greats were panthers first and foremost. 89 will always let you know who he played for. With all of our greats, you knew money was an important factor, of course, but money wasn’t THE factor.  

Burns has let it be known loud and clear that money is THE factor. No thanks. That’s not what we need in the locker room. 

• Pie 1

On 12/4/2023 at 6:00 PM, jamos14 said:

Brian Burns is 55TH in the league in total pressures, 17. 36TH in the league in sacks with 6.0 And his brother is complaining on twitter about not having a new contract? What kind of contract is he expecting? He has played his way out of a top tier deal. Give me a break.

I'm done with him.  He is Scott Fitterer's biggest mistake; he would be another team's $30 million dollar problem and we'd have draft capital again.

I'm glad we held out on paying him, it was clearly the correct decision.

He is the definition of a stat padder. Most of his career sacks are him blowing up a 3rd string o-lineman when the Panthers are losing in the 4th quarter 45-6.

Fitterer is dumb as hell and the Panthers should have two first round picks.

On 12/4/2023 at 5:53 PM, CamWhoaaCam said:

Check the post below.

Bryce actually deserves hate. This offense is hard to watch and he's getting coaches fired.

Lol. Man. I can't with you. Your thinking is so ass backwards it's insane. Bryce Young is in an impossible situation as a rookie QB. I'm sorry that's so hard for you to see. Show me another rookie QB with a worse Oline and WRs than Bryce has had to work with all year. Show me. His OC has never called plays in the NFL before. The scheme is unimaginative, and rarely has play designs that help our league worst WR core get open. The Oline allows the most pressure up the middle in the NFL. The owner is calling plays lol its a fuging circus and an Impossible situation.

Meanwhile Brian Burns is surrounded by one of the best DTs in the NFL as his running mate and is now playing in a scheme that should MAXIMIZE his skill set. Even with all of the injuries in the secondary they have been more than serviceable. Brian Burns is the one with no excuse for lack of production. Not Bryce fuging Young.

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin
  • Pie 2

6 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Lol. Man. I can't with you. Your thinking is so ass backwards it's insane. Bryce Young is in an impossible situation as a rookie QB. I'm sorry that's so hard for you to see. Show me another rookie QB with a worse Oline and WRs than Bryce has had to work with all year. Show me. His OC has never called plays in the NFL before. The scheme is unimaginative, and rarely has play designs that help our league worst WR core get open. The Oline allows the most pressure up the middle in the NFL. The owner is calling plays lol its a fuging circus and an Impossible situation.

Meanwhile Brian Burns is surrounded by one of the best DTs in the NFL as his running mate and is now playing in a scheme that should MAXIMIZE his skill set. Even with all of the injuries in the secondary they have been more than serviceable. Brian Burns is the one with no excuse for lack of production. Not Bryce fuging Young.

Bro are you even watching the games?

Defense hasn't been the problem. For you to single out one of our better defensive players when he isn't even close to being the main problem is stupid.

Go off though. This offense will continue to struggle and you will keep ignoring it because you focused on Burns.

39 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Bro are you even watching the games?

Defense hasn't been the problem. For you to single out one of our better defensive players when he isn't even close to being the main problem is stupid.

Go off though. This offense will continue to struggle and you will keep ignoring it because you focused on Burns.

Just because the defense has been playing well doesn't mean Burns has been playing good or living up to everything we turned down for him. You guys want to harp on everything we gave up for Young because he's not flourishing in a severely flawed offense that has no foundational pieces to build on. Yet Burns is in the perfect system on a good enough defense with good enough players around him and not living up to everything we turned down for him, and some how that's okay and he gets a free pass. That makes absolutely no sense.

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin
  • Pie 2

16 hours ago, ThrillzforthePils said:

Can’t imagine being able to sign Burns, Brown, and Luvu.   I’d rather spend the money on Brown and Luvu.

If the 1-11 Panthers can’t find a way to afford their top 3 defensive players then Fitt and Suleiman need to be fired asap. 

IMO Burns is a good player. He is bigger than when he first came into the league, and he’s been relatively durable since he came into the league. I do not think he’s elite tho. Very good maybe- but not top 5, probably just outside the top 10. He hasn’t shown up in big situations especially this year. I think we should get him paid but not Charles Johnson money. More like Mario Addison money. Maybe a bit more. I just hope we get something for him if he’s not willing to sign for a reasonable amount. 

• Pie 2

He has always been overrated. 

The mental gymnastics some of you do to make yourselves okay with the Burns situation is truly incredible, a perfect 10.

We already let the better player in Reddick walk to keep the bum, then we turned down a massive draft haul which was obviously much more than what he is worth. 

Now we are going to pay 30m a season or tag him for minimal results. He has been a disappointment since being drafted, never developed still the same guy.  I guess Tepper and Fitt love him though. 

• Pie 1

On 12/4/2023 at 6:13 PM, Basbear said:

There are some rumors about Burns not wanting to remain in carolina ala peppers 2.0.

We can only hope

The more he wants out of Carolina, the more reasonable he’ll be on his contract demands, and thus the more a team will be willing to give up for him in a tag and trade