• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BREAKING: Albert Breer, Scott Fitterer’s job as the GM is not safe

TheSpecialJuan

1 hour ago, Camp Fodder said:

Why doesn’t he just fire Fitterer Now?. It’s not like he’s doing anything. Our best draft pick in the last 4 years may have been made by Matt Rhules wife 

Its being passed by many, if Teppers new HC wants his pick of GM, scott would be tossed aside. Given the current weather, I doubt any HC at that "demanding" level will even choose carolina. So some 3rd tier asst QB coach will be hired and scott survives. Thats the odds on play out.  

On 12/4/2023 at 10:09 PM, SazmoRanger said:

I still don’t understand Tepper’s process. Hire a GM and let HIM make the coaching decision. UGH

There have been a few instances where the HC and GM were basically a package deal and honestly, I could see this as the trend going forward.  You would think this would be advantageous, it allows the two of the three most important individuals in the front office to be more in lock step rather than hiring one person, then hoping that person's vision is matched with what is left.

Do you think Adam Peters is just going to take a job and HOPE he finds a HC that fits his vision?  Kwesi Adofo-Mensah hired O'Connell who coached at Cleveland and San Fran.  Minnesota is looking pretty alright.  The Giants hired Schoen and Daboll both from the Bills.  While the Giants are a mess this year, last year was a success.  I know there are a few other instances I overlooked.  A team needs to be in lockstep rather than throwing a metric ton of poo against the fan just to see what happens.

Work Together Season 5 GIF by CAPCOM

• Pie 1

15 hours ago, MHS831 said:

He drafted a long snapper---what more do you need?

Rhule was the guy behind that.

Doesn't matter now though. With the stuff that's come out from Dianna Russini today, It's pretty much impossible to keep him.

How do you hire a new head coach and ask him to work with somebody who went behind the previous coach's back to talk to the owner about him?

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Rhule was the guy behind that.

Doesn't matter now though. With the stuff that's come out from Dianna Russini today, It's pretty much impossible to keep him.

How do you hire a new head coach and ask him to work with somebody who went behind the previous coach's back to talk to the owner about him?

Anyone who would do what was described in that article will not be trusted by a new HC. 

Is hard to say how much Rhule was actually responsible for with a guy like that who goes behind people’s backs. I’m sure MR had his fair share but I’m sure Scott was able to hide a few of his sins in MR’s name.

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Leaky_Faucet said:

Anyone who would do what was described in that article will not be trusted by a new HC. 

Is hard to say how much Rhule was actually responsible for with a guy like that who goes behind people’s backs. I’m sure MR had his fair share but I’m sure Scott was able to hide a few of his sins in MR’s name.

Said it elsewhere: My thing was that I wanted to see Fitterer and Reich have another year to build something together, but now it turns out they weren't even working together.

I cared less after Reich being fired anyway, but this pretty much seals things.

• Beer 1

32 minutes ago, BeenPounding said:

There have been a few instances where the HC and GM were basically a package deal and honestly, I could see this as the trend going forward.  You would think this would be advantageous, it allows the two of the three most important individuals in the front office to be more in lock step rather than hiring one person, then hoping that person's vision is matched with what is left.

Do you think Adam Peters is just going to take a job and HOPE he finds a HC that fits his vision?  Kwesi Adofo-Mensah hired O'Connell who coached at Cleveland and San Fran.  Minnesota is looking pretty alright.  The Giants hired Schoen and Daboll both from the Bills.  While the Giants are a mess this year, last year was a success.  I know there are a few other instances I overlooked.  A team needs to be in lockstep rather than throwing a metric ton of poo against the fan just to see what happens.

Work Together Season 5 GIF by CAPCOM

I TOTALLY agree. It makes too much sense for Tepper though. Ugh… 

17 hours ago, MHS831 said:

He drafted a long snapper---what more do you need?

We didn't just draft a long snapper - we drafted a long snapper when our current one (JJ Jansen) is the best in the game and has been for over a decade now, hasn't retired, is not showing any interest in retiring, and hasn't shown any decline in quality (he has like one botched snap, ever, and I'm pretty sure it was a decade ago).

We drafted a long snapper as a luxury pick and he not only didn't make the roster, he's not actually played a single game of professional football since. 

Edited by TN05
  • Pie 1

Just now, TN05 said:

We didn't just draft a long snapper - we drafted a long snapper when our current one is the best in the game and has been for over a decade now, hasn't retired, is not showing any interest in retiring, and hasn't shown any decline in quality (he has like one botched snap, ever, and I'm pretty sure it was a decade ago).

We drafted a long snapper as a luxury pick and he not only didn't make the roster, he's not actually played a single game of professional football since. 

I forget who, but someone mentioned Jansen as a guy Rhule wanted to get rid of because he saw through the bullsh-t.

• Pie 1