• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Players on this team worth keeping?

TNPanther

in all honesty, I don't care.  Get rid of anyone the new HC wants to.   I'd argue there is no emotional fan attachment to a single player on this roster.    And it's been a long time since there were no actual loved players by the overall fanbase. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

5 hours ago, CRA said:

in all honesty, I don't care.  Get rid of anyone the new HC wants to.   I'd argue there is no emotional fan attachment to a single player on this roster.    And it's been a long time since there were no actual loved players by the overall fanbase. 

For real. Luvu is the closest thing. D Brown a second. But there’s just nothing.

21 hours ago, TNPanther said:

Partly inspired by a post in another thread.

Offense:

Definites- Moton, Bozeman, Corbett (depending on how he heals); Hubbard

Maybes- Thielen (not a definite because of age); Tremble; Mingo (raw); Ickey; Bryce, because of the investment 

Expendable - everyone else 

Needs to be gone tomorrow: Sanders, Ian Thomas

Defense:

Definites- Brown, Luvu, Horn (only because he’ll still be in year 3 of his rookie contract, but he’s made of glass)

Maybe’s- Burns (highly overrated IMO); Hill, Gross-Matos, Woods, Bell, Shaq, Grugier-Hill as a backup.

Thoughts?

Ive been meaning to do this post for weeks now, thanks!! So ive gave it lots of thought and became much sadder.

To sum it up if you factor in age- Brown, Burns, Horn, Luvu are the only keepers.

Above average- Shaq, Moton, Thieln, Bell, Djak, eddie, heckler, jjj

Off year- boze, ickey, young?, sanders, clark, chinn

Everyone else is average or below(most).

No hiding the 1-11 record, this is the poorest talented team in the NFL bar none. The top talent above ALL need around 20mill per contract now or very soon. 

Giant mess and mixed in with QB deal, it may take 4 full years *if all goods great* to even get back to .500% record. Terrible. 

9 hours ago, CRA said:

CMC was genuinely loved by the Lake Norman community where he lived, a lot of people up here rooting for the 49ers bc of him. He could win MVP this year. Tepper is legitimately an arsonist. 

• Beer 1

The defense has talent and it shows on the field. Even without some key starters the defense has still performed decent. If the offense could even be average this would have been a .500 team. The offense…..everyone can go. If Thielen was 10 years younger I’d say him. Chuba is decent too but I bet he’s ready to be out of the Panthers hell hole. 

13 hours ago, CRA said:

This is almost my thoughts exactly. 

If a capable staff is brought in and allowed to work I’d think they’d try trade away our best players to get picks and get even younger. It’ll be hard to rebuild without absolutely nailing FA which is tuff to do when you have to overpay to get average to slightly below average players to come here. Our draft capital is gone and the few good young players we have will be needing contracts soon. Bad Situation to be in for anyone coming in. In a world where we have options I’d like to keep Brown, Luvu, and Franklin- Maybe Jaycee and Motion too. That’s about it.

On 12/7/2023 at 6:39 PM, TNPanther said:

Partly inspired by a post in another thread.

Offense:

Definites- Moton, Bozeman, Corbett (depending on how he heals); Hubbard

Maybes- Thielen (not a definite because of age); Tremble; Mingo (raw); Ickey; Bryce, because of the investment 

Expendable - everyone else 

Needs to be gone tomorrow: Sanders, Ian Thomas

Defense:

Definites- Brown, Luvu, Horn (only because he’ll still be in year 3 of his rookie contract, but he’s made of glass)

Maybe’s- Burns (highly overrated IMO); Hill, Gross-Matos, Woods, Bell, Shaq, Grugier-Hill as a backup.

Thoughts?

Offense: Young, Moton, Hubbard, Ekwonu

TBH, most of these are by default due to the rookie deals. Moton is probably the only "must keep" player on the entire offense outside of that. 

The rest of the OL(Ekwonu falls into this category as well) is a wait and see based on what the scheme is. Painfully obvious what we currently do is exactly what we don't want to do on the OL.

Defense: Luvu, Brown, Horn

Horn appears here because of the rookie deal. Luvu and Brown are genuinely franchise players. I gotta get rid of Burns because of what has transpired. That situation is not repairable, IMO. I love our safeties and I would keep them around if need be but they also aren't irreplaceable players.

So basically start building around Moton, Luvu and Brown, TBH. That's about as close as we have to "can't miss" players.

We are about as talent deficient as I can ever remember us.

• Beer 1

I’d replace Fitts, let the new GM hire the next HC and start cleaning house. Trade anyone of value for draft capital and reboot, except Brown. Damn we’ve wasted so many picks by moving up for projects, instead of prospects. This team is a complete cluster fug… especially on offense, most are just going through the motions at this point.

16 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Offense: Young, Moton, Hubbard, Ekwonu

TBH, most of these are by default due to the rookie deals. Moton is probably the only "must keep" player on the entire offense outside of that. 

The rest of the OL(Ekwonu falls into this category as well) is a wait and see based on what the scheme is. Painfully obvious what we currently do is exactly what we don't want to do on the OL.

Defense: Luvu, Brown, Horn

Horn appears here because of the rookie deal. Luvu and Brown are genuinely franchise players. I gotta get rid of Burns because of what has transpired. That situation is not repairable, IMO. I love our safeties and I would keep them around if need be but they also aren't irreplaceable players.

So basically start building around Moton, Luvu and Brown, TBH. That's about as close as we have to "can't miss" players.

We are about as talent deficient as I can ever remember us.

Spot on, but I would like to keep the o line intact, for now, and mix back in a little more downhill rushing with Dalton under center…. With some competent coaching. 

I need to see what we’ve got in the line  with a more conventional QB under center. With Bryce it feels like none of them where to go or what to do. 

The o line is by far the most difficult part of a rebuild. Rarely do premium o line players hit free agency unless there is an injury history with them and a team wants to gamble.

• Beer 1