• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interesting listen Tom Donnelly 99.9 ‘selfishness ‘ and why no interim HC bump in performance

raleigh-panther

Interesting listen for those who have time  7 mins…at 2 mins or so, the comment on factions and Fitterer 

I truly believe the house needs to totally cleaned out, Fitterer, every single coach, all of it 

https://youtu.be/U1a-LFj6KJI?si=5OwJ2npz8GZ_NJ-V

Anyone who has ever worked in a team oriented situation knows the truth of the insinuations here 

also found one of the comments to this post having some truth that perhaps the players don’t believe in Young too.   ….ill add to it, Fitterer saving his ass by going to Tepper about Reich not coaching up Young (ie, the depth of drops)   

scott Fitterer, Mr consensus builder, is a snake 

if this org is ever going to be successful the coach and GM need to be joined at the hip 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

Im not sure hes a snake, probably more of a rat trying to save himself from a sinking ship.  Either way hes terrible at his job and should have already been fired, and if hes not fired this offseason, i think that is the absolute worst case single decision this franchise could currently make.

Edited by Tr3ach
  • Pie 6

If I'm Scott Fitterer, I started look for my landing spots after Frank was fired.  While Frank was not able to bring together his offense with Thomas Brown's offense, Scott was one of the major players responsible assembling this team.  He absolutely should be held to account, and be fired.

It's been said many times that there are a lot of smart people in the Panthers' F/O, and I'm not going to insult people I don't know.  But the results speak for themselves.  It's just not working.  No need to keep beating your head against the same wall.

We need a BIG ole refresh of most of the team.

• Pie 4

12 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Fitt is an awful GM. He hasn’t done anything positive. Every trade he’s made, in hindsight, has been terrible. Trading the #1 pick and a sold WR for a QB that’s probably at best a top back up. Team is going to be bad until he is fired. 

Yeah Rhule and Tepper weren't great influences but he's horrible on trades, giving and receiving. He was signed in January 21 and first big moves were signing Pat Elfein, Cam Erving, and the Darnold trade. Then I don't give a poo if Rhule liked the guy you don't skip on Trey Smith for a long snapper in that 2021 6th round. Oh then he gave Robbie Anderson that dumbass contract while he was holding out of camp. These moves listed were all made by him in his first 7 months

• Pie 2

35 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Fitt is an awful GM. He hasn’t done anything positive. Every trade he’s made, in hindsight, has been terrible. Trading the #1 pick and a sold WR for a QB that’s probably at best a top back up. Team is going to be bad until he is fired. 

Yep, and we have probably the least talented overall roster in the NFL.   During games sometimes the announcers talk the team up that we are even playing close at the time, like we are a college team playing against an NFL team.  That is absolutely unacceptable and that's on the GM.

• Pie 2

22 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

We need to clean house completely, unfortunately Tepper will want to keep Fitt, Campen, Tabor, and Bryce. 

And if the owner does this, barring a miracle, he will totally lose what is left of his fan base and I’m not just talking about people in the area who buy tickets 

at some point, tepper’s ego won’t be able to stand being a laughing stick who is every traveling team’s get well hostess party 

No matter how you feel about Fitterer he’s done a bad job. There’s qualities I like about him but it’s undeniable at this point. The only reason is to keep him around is if you believe he has the qualities to become a good GM with more time, but frankly I don’t think we’ve seen enough progress from year 1 to bank on that.  He is who is— a human calculator who is good at asset evaluation on paper but is throwing darts at the wall to when it comes to talent evaluation.

Edited by MechaZain
  • Pie 4

Tepper needs more than just a new GM.

I suspect until Tepper takes a couple of steps back Fritterer is the kind of front office guy we will keep seeing. Tepper is way too easy to manipulate and I can only imagine what the rest of 'his guys' get up to that we don't know about. Sounds like a snake pit

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Tepper needs more than just a new GM.

I suspect until Tepper takes a couple of steps back Fritterer is the kind of front office guy we will keep seeing. Tepper is way too easy to manipulate and I can only imagine what the rest of 'his guys' get up to that we don't know about. Sounds like a snake pit

Great point. Fitt’s probably as good as a Yes Man gets.

Edited by MechaZain
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

49 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

No matter how you feel about Fitterer he’s done a bad job. There’s qualities I like about him but it’s undeniable at this point. The only reason is to keep him around is if you believe he has the qualities to become a good GM with more time, but frankly I don’t think we’ve seen enough progress from year 1 to bank on that.  He is who is— a human calculator who is good at asset evaluation on paper but is throwing darts at the wall to when it comes to talent evaluation.

With what's come out, it's not even about the job he's doing.

You can't ask somebody to come into a culture like that. You'll have to clean house as far as assistant coaches as well.