• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

YOU TELL ME: How would YOU go about realistically fixing this team.

WarPanthers89

Have to get a new GM.  Build one small step at a time starting with identifying and getting the best possible player regardless of position in the draft.  Do not blow big money on free agents.  This is literally a 5 year plan.  No more quick fixes.  No reason to get hasty on Young now.  Get some pieces around him and if he doesn’t work out we will pick very high next years draft.  It’s doable but will take at least 2 or 3 offseasons and some incredible scouting and coaching.  

Edited by Shocker

1) Fire Scott Fitterer into fuging orbit. He's simply not a GM, he's awful and I'm furious he's still employed by this team.

2) I am not terribly concerned about who we hire as coach. Frank Smith, Lou Anarumo, Mike MacDonald, Slowik, Ben Johnson (obviously), Shane Waldron are all names that intrigue me at least slightly.

3) Let the coach bring in their own GM. Or vice versa. Either way - we need a front office that Is in synch. A pairing that has a clear, cohesive vision for taking the worst roster in the league and basically building it from the ground up.

4) Extend Derrick Brown. I'm ready to call him premier at his position/what he does. He has earned it. Sit him down and make sure he understands he is the leader of this defense.

5) Trade Brian Burns. I don't think he wants to be here and I don't want him here. Obviously we're not getting anything close to the Rams package. Maybe a day two and a day three. Send him on his way. We're starting from scratch and he is not a franchise player.

6) Sign/acquire two of Marquise Brown, Tyler Boyd, Curtis Samuel, Jerry Jeudy. Give our WR room some badly needed speed/athleticism.

7) Prioritize an LT in the draft. Move Ickey to LG. Roll with New LT/Ickey/Bozeman/Corbett/Moton with BC being able to fill in anywhere. Turn the OL into a strength again.

8. Find a bruising back in FA/draft. Try to get back to smash mouth ball next year. Legit simply things to the max for Bryce. Let running be your identity. Hopefully this gets the offense moving and he can start building some confidence. Doesn't have to be your long term identity, just a way to get things off the ground.

9) All the meanwhile focus on just adding talent to the roster. Don't have any reactionary moves where we are trading away capital. Instead, try to find ways to collect it. Continue building the roster to the original blueprint you had in mind. Find culture changers on both sides of the ball.

It's the NFL, if you do things right it does not have to take long. Those that act like we are 5 years away are overreacting. Hire the right people and within 24 months you can be in the playoff picture.

47 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Trade BY and next years first for a top 2 pick 

draft drake maye

cut Terrible Terrance 

And Centimeter Sanders 

If you want to subject Maye to this debacle of a team that’s just evil.  I hope he goes to a decent team led by reasonable people

I'm not re signing anyone unless I think I can sign and trade burns.  These players are LOSERS and check collectors almost no exception. Anyone that can be traded would be traded outside of Brown. Take the dead cap hits all in 2024. Then  I'm signing only 1 year deals on anyone new and shooting for the number 1 pick starting completely over in 2025 and ready to compete in 2027ish. 2024s only objective is complete purge of the stench we have now. 

Edited by toldozer

The first step is for management to be honest about what this team is right now. We are not a good football team and yet somehow each year we are just the right move away from competing

We are not one trade away

We are not one F/A signing away

We are not one draft pick away

We are going to have to take our medicine and be a bad team next year, and maybe more than that to get out of this mess. The mentality of making moves that can suddenly make us a good football team has to go if we're going to get out of this downward spiral. 

• Beer 1