• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

YOU TELL ME: How would YOU go about realistically fixing this team.

WarPanthers89

20 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm honestly not big on Penix as an NFL prospect. I'm intrigued by McCarthy st Michigan.

Williams, Maye, Daniels and Penix Jr. will be gone in round one.  If someone has the balls, Nix and/or McCarthy should be sitting there at #33, but Tepper needs to be told 'step back' by someone, 'we are taking another QB.'

If we ship off Burns, possibly the first rounder could be this year.  If so, WR in round 1 and Nix/McCarthy at #33.

We are likely stuck with Brycey through 2024....

That said I'd move Ickey to LG Christensen to RG sign a stopgap left tackle *throw the brinks truck at Tyron Smith" 

Sign Pittman from Indy and possibly  Jeudy draft a WR at #33 whose a big play threat *strong class*

Draft depth/developmental OLine x3  go after Williams/ Wilkins to beef up the defensive line.... 

And finally.....

Pray to whoever your diety you worship!

Tough because have to make a lot of assumptions but I'll make the following:

-Burns can be traded for a 1st and 3rd

-Brown gets paid and stays

-Horn stays healthy

-We fire Fitt and hire the right GM and HC

-New offensive identity plays to our OL strength

-Bryce works on his footwork offseason and isn't "David Carr'd" 

-Evero stays

If those happen, I don't think we are that far off.. It's the NFL teams flip in 2 years all the time and everyone has multiple JAGs starting somewhere on the field. 

If we get a 1st from Burns I go best WR/G with our first 2 picks assuming they are there. If not go BPA or trade down and get another 3rd. Resign Luvu, overpay for another WR like a Higgins, and go get a FA DE and draft another end with the 3rd from Burns trade. We're stuck with Sanders one more year, but RB are so devalued I wouldn't hate grabbing another one in the 4th/5th if the value is there. Trading draft capital for players is off limits for 2024 and prob 2025. 

No need to do anything about QB next year. We need to build for the long haul.

Next year gonna be a big bag of suck as well.

Keep Brown and Luvu if at all possible. Lean on our defense and run game.

Through the draft and free agency, focus on WR and OLine. Don’t trade away any draft capital.

If Bryce sucks again next year, draft a QB or sign one in free agency— after next season. We need to build the core best we can, so when we are ready to grab that QB in the first round, he has something to work with.

• Pie 1

I don't think there is much value left on this team, so it's probably good that I'm not in charge. I would fire sale everything I could, since it is all wrong. Just a word of caution though, as there are a few scenarios mentioned where we would bulk out the team with udfa players. This is what Atlanta did the year they played with $50+ million in dead money, lead the league in udfas, and their results have not been great at all.

1 hour ago, bigjohn said:

No need to do anything about QB next year. We need to build for the long haul.

Next year gonna be a big bag of suck as well.

Keep Brown and Luvu if at all possible. Lean on our defense and run game.

Through the draft and free agency, focus on WR and OLine. Don’t trade away any draft capital.

If Bryce sucks again next year, draft a QB or sign one in free agency— after next season. We need to build the core best we can, so when we are ready to grab that QB in the first round, he has something to work with.

correct

19 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Step 1) hire the most competent football mind money can buy and make him president of football operations

Step 2) give him the blank checkbook

Step 3) give him control

Step 4) go on vacation

yeah basically

more specifically, assuming he goes the team president route and brings in a coach/GM combo with a long term vision..

1. Just draft best player available. There's too many holes all over the team. Trade downs for more/future picks need to be priorities. If it were me, that 33rd pick would be flipped for a 2025 1st. There is no difference for this team between drafting 33rd and 58th. Just get a good player. 

2. Free agency needs to be spent on low risk high reward players. Maybe people that didn't live up to draft position or need a change of scenery. 

3. Lock up Brown, Luvu long term. Franchise Burns and hope you can get him back on program. The two first round picks trade is gone forever and we need to accept that. The way he's played this year, he's absolutely not worth a first round pick. Also please resign Chinn. I just cannot believe there's nothing there to be salvaged after his rookie season. 

4. Focus on the lines. Boring but true. 

5. You have to bring in "competition" for Bryce. And by competition I mean a starter, because Bryce can't play in this league. Let him sit on the bench, mollify the owner and the part of the fan base that thinks everything is someone else's fault, and just go out and play boring old football. 

This team needs a 2002. They need someone to come in, right the ship, and hopefully put them in position to compete in 2025. They DESPERATELY need a good draft and an infusion of young talent. They don't need all pros or whatever; they just need people that can contribute at the NFL lvl. 

Must have a coaching staff that can coach, manage and lead, an OC that can call plays and identify our strengths weaknesses and our opponents. 

1st: Offensive Line, particularly LT

2nd: Defensive Line, particularly a Hog Molley beside Brown to stop the run up the middle

3rd: Speed at WR to prevent defence from crowding the line

4th: Two good CB's, although I really like Hill