• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New team president

catnip

Yeah make Cam the president, Olsen the HC. Hell you can bring back Steve Smith and make him the GM like fans were talking about on here. Let's bring back Hurney too when he gets fired. Bill Polian is still alive, surely he can find a job somewhere. We can make Luke the DC and Stewart the OC. Hell yeah, then we can go 0-17 and Tepper can just move the team after everyone finds out they suck at those jobs because they aren’t qualified either. The last remaining heroes of the Panthers’ past can be humiliated in a final 1-2 year stint in Charlotte before the relocation.

Would it be a disaster? Yeah, probably. But the team's owned by David Tepper; it's gonna be a disaster regardless. I'd rather lose with our guys and culture instead of some uninspired retread with no ties to the team or area considering that next year should be a tank year and no good candidate is signing up for this mess anyways. Sadly, the latter is likely what will end up happening.

Edited by beo

3 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

The same can be said of Cam that can be said of Dave and Nicole. What qualifications does he have to run an NFL franchise? 

I mean, Cam Newton does have more qualifications than the Teppers. In terms of a broad level of what a NFL football needs to be inside the walls.   Which Carolina has lacked for some time.  I don’t think he needs to be team president.  He also reframed it as an advisor.  And yeah, this team needs real football people.   It’s been lacking.  We got no culture,  no accountability, etc inside and that is Cam’s thing. 

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

I'm sure Tepper cares that Panthers vs Falcons tickets are only $18 bucks do to poor play! Hit him where it hurts, his bank account! 

Those are already paid for.  Putting them on stub hub for cheap doesn’t really matter.  If someone buys it for a penny it was already paid for.  And now you got a body in the seat to buy beer or whatever.  You hit him with next seasons tickets.   Which is why Tepper traded for #1 overall, dictated it would be the Bryce show, pimped the greatest staff narrative, etc this season.  It forced people to buy in this year.  When we shouldn’t have.  Tepper had already proven he is an anchor and so are his moves.  He should have to earn ticket buyers back with results…..not getting them with ease through preseason hype and declarations. 

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, catnip said:

I just watched and interview with Cam Newton . He was asked what position he would like with the Panthers . He replied that he would like to be team president .  Love him or hate him he is larger than life .  He identifies what the Carolina Panthers mean to the fans . He would put all he has into bringing back the fans and the keep pounding identity of the players .  How do you feel about this . Give me your thoughts .   And keep pounding !

I would hire Cam as team president/GM cause he speaks the truth about Rhule that i even knew before the hire. Cam is my hero like Bryce has been as they understand the need for an elite playmaker to win games!

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2023/12/14/panthers-cam-newton-matt-rhule-christian-mccaffrey-sam-darnold-2021-season/

Even Cam hinted that if Bryce had Steve Smith or DJ, this would be his first NFL game results!

57 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

I'm sure Tepper cares that Panthers vs Falcons tickets are only $18 bucks do to poor play! Hit him where it hurts, his bank account! 

Those ain't teppers tickets.  Those are working class people that paid 1600 dollars for 2 nose bleed seats and now can't give them away

3 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Wouldn't he rather do that for the Falcons though? Sure he could do it remote, but I bet he has zero interest in ever stepping foot in Charlotte again.

I don’t think this is the case. Through his words and actions, it seems like he does care about the panthers still. He doesn’t know the falcons like he does panthers.

3 hours ago, Selltheteamtepper said:

You want Cam to take a Steve Smith role? He’s the reason we have Mingo. Have you not noticed a trend where the best teams just let their coaches decide who they want? 

Would you be fine with Luke making a pick when it comes to the defense, or Luke being in a steve smith role?

1 hour ago, CRA said:

I mean, Cam Newton does have more qualifications than the Teppers. In terms of a broad level of what a NFL football needs to be inside the walls.   Which Carolina has lacked for some time.  I don’t think he needs to be team president.  He also reframed it as an advisor.  And yeah, this team needs real football people.   It’s been lacking.  We got no culture,  no accountability, etc inside and that is Cam’s thing. 

Exactly my point. Since he left, the entire identity of the franchise has just fizzled into nothingness. Under no circumstances am I saying he should be team President and making decisions, but you'd be hard pressed to find any other person to put into an "advisor" role for Tepper that even comes close to his level of qualifications. 

7 minutes ago, Knaakedup said:

Exactly my point. Since he left, the entire identity of the franchise has just fizzled into nothingness. Under no circumstances am I saying he should be team President and making decisions, but you'd be hard pressed to find any other person to put into an "advisor" role for Tepper that even comes close to his level of qualifications. 

The old Panthers are dead. It started dying when Tepper bought the team and the last of them died when Wilks was not kept. It's not coming back either. 

Eventually there will be a new culture and new Panthers come out of it. How long it will take is the mystery but it WILL happen with new people, stories, and moments. 

People need to let the past go, its not coming back. Time to focus on what they next generation is going to be.