• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What a game by Bryce

DeSim

2 minutes ago, MGH1989 said:

But I thought he couldn’t make those throws?

What are "those" throws? He still has a lot to prove on his deep ball in the NFL. I'm hoping a full offseason will allow him the opportunity to add some level of bulk and improve his footwork.

It's okay to discuss these things that he can and will work on.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Just now, rodeo said:

Only a handful of posters on the board didn't give in to the hatewagon and stayed positive to neutral about Bryce's prospects. Kudos to them but I'm afraid it's not enough. Even if he ends up great, we have several years of sunk cost fallacy to look forward to where people continue to yell that Bryce is terrible because they won't be able to admit they were wrong in season 1.

Lol wut?

• Pie 1
  • Poo 7

3 minutes ago, rodeo said:

Only a handful of posters on the board didn't give in to the hatewagon and stayed positive to neutral about Bryce's prospects. Kudos to them but I'm afraid it's not enough. Even if he ends up great, we have several years of sunk cost fallacy to look forward to where people continue to yell that Bryce is terrible because they won't be able to admit they were wrong in season 1.

Apparently it's unreasonable to expect your #1 pick to not be statistically one of the worst starting QB's in the NFL.

Some of you are so emotionally invested you've lowered standards and that's a personal preference.

• Pie 7

5 minutes ago, frankw said:

Apparently it's unreasonable to expect your #1 pick to not be statistically one of the worst starting QB's in the NFL.

Some of you are so emotionally invested you've lowered standards and that's a personal preference.

Oh Frank get off it with the passive aggressive remarks. Stop being so miserable all the time and enjoy that the Panthers played well today. 

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, travisura said:

Oh Frank get off it with the passive aggressive remarks. Stop being so miserable all the time and enjoy that the Panthers played well today. 

We lost lol...i have never seen a moral victory train like this in my life. 

Edited by CPF4LIFE
  • Poo 1

10 minutes ago, travisura said:

Hey now. I was. Read the posts I've made. I give credit where it is due. But then I enter some of these threads and apparently to some folks they feel like they are the arbiter of who can and can't be a fan because Bryce Young finally got close to replicating 35 year old Andy Dalton’s lone start 3 months later.

We can't have discussion about Young for different reasons. There are some fools that simply do not like him. But most just want him to be the player we drafted him to be. This superiority nonsense is just as toxic to discourse as the "haters" are. Jake Delhomme got the smoke. Cam Newton got the smoke. Kyle Allen got the smoke. Teddy Bridgewater got the smoke. Sam Darnold got the smoke. Baker Mayfield got the smoke. Why is Bryce any different? That comes with the territory of being the QB.

Again. Here's to hoping we can build on this and Bryce Young continues to develop and progress. Please no more steps back.

• Pie 3

26 minutes ago, frankw said:

I’m so tired of hearing this. It lacks all context. Anyone who has actually watched the games saw clear as day that yes, Bryce had issues but he was far from the biggest thing holding the team back. Some people like to say the QB is fully responsible for the offense and if that’s your angle then ok I guess this argument works, but I don’t subscribe to that and think it’s clear the context mattered. It isn’t a coincidence he has gotten better every week since Tabor took over. 

Your rookie QB who had a dated offensive scheme, statistically a top 5 bottom OL, and statistically least separation by a WR corp in the league struggled. What a revelation. 

Once we adapted our offensive scheme and added modern concepts the OL, WR, and QB have all looked better. What a revelation. 

it’s literally the opposite of being emotionally invested, it’s using your brain and seeing what is clear as day and backed up by the team stats 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1