• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I want to be proven wrong about Bryce Young, today is the first real step

TN05

17 hours ago, Gapanthersfan said:

I’ve yet to see a single post where people hated Bryce the man. People have hated his game, but what is there that’s hatable about him? 

I’ve wanted him to prove me wrong. I’ve asked for it. Today was a good step. Keep it up young man. 

No one has said, "I hate Bryce", but there have been posts that allude to him cheating the system to ensure he was picked #1. No proof, only innuendo. That goes to his integrity as a man. If that's not hate then not much else is.

Not to mention direct jabs at his height and stature, which many here do hate. Or that he was a fraud who really isn't a "super processor". Not skill related at all but definitely related to who he is as a man, and as soon as he has his next clunker, all those same claims will return with a vengeance.

18 hours ago, Mage said:

Name 5 teams you would take our receiving group over.

It is not a zero-sum thing. The fact that there may not be X number of teams does not mean there are not quality players on a given roster and that all other teams are objectively bad. I'm sure every team would like to have all the best players.

18 hours ago, mc52beast said:

It’s funny how all the people who despise Bryce are non-existent now. It’s like they can’t stand it when a Carolina QB does well. I feel like they should be fans somewhere else.

Probably because there is next to no one who 'despises Bryce'. Discussing poor play, of which there has been plenty across the entire team, does not equal 'despises' for any player.

42 minutes ago, BrisbanePanther said:

No one has said, "I hate Bryce", but there have been posts that allude to him cheating the system to ensure he was picked #1. No proof, only innuendo. That goes to his integrity as a man. If that's not hate then not much else is.

Not to mention direct jabs at his height and stature, which many here do hate. Or that he was a fraud who really isn't a "super processor". Not skill related at all but definitely related to who he is as a man, and as soon as he has his next clunker, all those same claims will return with a vengeance.

The melodrama... it's because Bryce absolutely did game the system in an attempt to maximize his draft prospects, but every player out there is interested in doing the same, just like how every person applying for a job tailors their CV. Discussing that has nothing to do with someone's 'integrity as a man'.

And your use of 'hate' automatically discounts any other point, though those are silly as well. Hate, hater, hating, etc, are just dumb, overused, meaningless terms frequently tossed out by those not interested in having a genuine discussion. You have nothing of value to add to a conversation if 'hating' is you perceive anything that isn't glowing.

With respect to the topic, first quarter was a bit ugly and the second quarter a little better, but the second half was his best this year by far. Made some very good throws, with the sideline ball and TD to Chark being exemplary IMO, and the 4th quarter was far better than the last Atlanta drive for me. The slow start on both sides of the ball hurt the team but the defense came up short overall, as 30 points is excellent output and should win any NFL game. Hopefully it becomes a trend to finish out strong.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

40 minutes ago, KSpan said:

It is not a zero-sum thing. The fact that there may not be X number of teams does not mean there are not quality players on a given roster and that all other teams are objectively bad. I'm sure every team would like to have all the best players.

It is a simple question. 

If you can’t name 5 teams, then you agree then that the Panthers have a bottom-5 (at best) receiving core. Calling that group “talented” is then disingenuous. Because yes, being at the bottom in the league in a category means you aren’t talented enough in that category. Trying to spin it as anything else is just weird.

Is the 32nd best QB still a good QB because not everyone can be the best? 

Edited by Mage

I think theoretically our WR’s should be talented. But Chark way underperformed most of the season. Mingo is gonna take some time to blossom. No one is afraid of AT.

Losing Byrd for the season really hurt us more than people think. He had top flight speed to stretch the defense and his experience playing with Kyler Murray would have helped us on off script plays. 

And we’ll never know with Shenault since the guy broke his leg.

13 minutes ago, Mage said:

It is a simple question. 

If you can’t name 5 teams, then you agree then that the Panthers have a bottom-5 (at best) receiving core. Calling that group “talented” is then disingenuous. Because yes, being at the bottom in the league in a category means you aren’t talented enough in that category. Trying to spin it as anything else is just weird.

But 'Bottom 5' does not mean 'can't play football.' They're still in the NFL and Thielen and Chark are proven performers to varying degrees. And I'm not arguing that they shouldn't try to/don't need to improve the group - of course they do. Fitterer has royally screwed up with his handling off Burns and the trade of Moore; no question at all that still having DJ would be way better than the current crew. But to portray it as if Carolina's receiving room is completely devoid of talent is not accurate IMO.

On 12/25/2023 at 8:17 AM, WarHeel said:

I’ve seen more Bryce skeptics than haters. No one I’ve seen came into the season wishing for him to be a loser.

He had a great game but one game doesn’t undo the rest of the season. We will need to see more of this version of Bryce. 

It’s easier to tear down a strawman (“haters”)

• Beer 2

40 minutes ago, Mage said:

It is a simple question. 

Who on earth would say our receiving core isn't bottom five in the league??? It's pretty close to the worst in franchise history.

Edited by kungfoodude

On 12/25/2023 at 8:17 AM, WarHeel said:

I’ve seen more Bryce skeptics than haters. No one I’ve seen came into the season wishing for him to be a loser.

He had a great game but one game doesn’t undo the rest of the season. We will need to see more of this version of Bryce. 

Oh you must have missed the anti-Bryce crowd from day one that wanted him to fail.

Go browse the preseason and early regular season game threads. They are pretty obvious.

Same as every offseason, we have that group of idiots that care more about being "right" on their hot takes than they do about anything Panthers success related.

Such a sad existence as a human being. "I WAS RIGHT! I TOLD YOU ALL AND I WAS RIGHT!!!!"

Meanwhile....team loses.

• Pie 1

On 12/24/2023 at 10:40 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

I'd be thrilled to be wrong. I'm always thrilled to be wrong when it works out for the best for the Panthers. I didn't want Luke in the draft. I didn't want Beason in the draft. 

Bryce working out is obviously much better for the Panthers than him busting.

Thank God you weren't our GM lol.

Those two were absolute studs. Wish we could have had a Beason, Davis, Kuechly LB core that made sense, but we didn't get to witness it in the best incarnation. Injury took it out of Beason and he was never the same.

I was very much a Stroud draft crowd guy, but for the best of the Panthers I hope it works out for Young. Today was nice to see vs a terrible pass defense. Finish the season strong. Get a full off-season of  NFL strength training.

35 minutes ago, KSpan said:

But 'Bottom 5' does not mean 'can't play football.' They're still in the NFL and Thielen and Chark are proven performers to varying degrees. And I'm not arguing that they shouldn't try to/don't need to improve the group - of course they do. Fitterer has royally screwed up with his handling off Burns and the trade of Moore; no question at all that still having DJ would be way better than the current crew. But to portray it as if Carolina's receiving room is completely devoid of talent is not accurate IMO.

Bottom 5 means they aren’t good relative to the rest of the league. It is crazy we are even having to debate this. Compared to rest of league it is devoid of talent. 

Edited by Mage