• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BREAKING: Dave Tepper willing to pay $15 million for Ben Jonson

TheSpecialJuan

52 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Why would Ben Johnson come to Carolina for any reason other than money? You have a meddling owner who has had 5 head coaches on two different teams. It's a recipe for disaster and the reputation he has among coaching circles is most likely horrible. 

His family is close by?? Loved bryce young? Enjoys challenges? Wants to work with evero?  

Depending on his relationship with stanley it could be alll for not. 

I mean if any coach comes here and turns this squad into winners, they would be legends. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

5 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

Why would Ben Johnson come to Carolina for any reason other than money? You have a meddling owner who has had 5 head coaches on two different teams. It's a recipe for disaster and the reputation he has among coaching circles is most likely horrible. 

We have a meddling owner because he doesn't hire guys like this.. he hires "The hot college upstart" or "I know this guy just got fired mid-season but fuggit he was on a SB winning coaching staff." He didn't come out of the gate meddling lol

• Pie 1

We may not be the most attractive job but Johnson is a dude that turned Goff into a winner again so I doubt he's too worried about his QB right at the start.

While we poo on Tepper, willingness to spend on coordinators etc is probably attractive.

The whole question is if he can convince coaches he really will let them do their thing without interference. It's why I think hiring a president would be the right move, signals a real change in how he plans to be involved, then.

• Pie 3

3 hours ago, mav1234 said:

We may not be the most attractive job but Johnson is a dude that turned Goff into a winner again so I doubt he's too worried about his QB right at the start.

While we poo on Tepper, willingness to spend on coordinators etc is probably attractive.

The whole question is if he can convince coaches he really will let them do their thing without interference. It's why I think hiring a president would be the right move, signals a real change in how he plans to be involved, then.

Did Tepper interfere with Rhule? I thought Rhule ran his own kingdom? As for Frank, he definitely stepped in to try to salvage that poo show. Tepper is too involved in the operations, personnel etc. but it seems like he leaves the coaches alone unless it is going really bad.

• Beer 1

I can see it now. Detroit gets bounced in the 1st Rd and Tepper comes calling with that massive contract for a OC who just got bounced in the 1sr round.

I have cooled off on Ben Johnson. He looked bad tonight vs Dallas. With all those weapons he still looked bad. Imagine what he will look like with our offense with no weapons yikes!

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

19 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I can see it now. Detroit gets bounced in the 1st Rd and Tepper comes calling with that massive contract for a OC who just got bounced in the 1sr round.

I have cooled off on Ben Johnson. He looked bad tonight vs Dallas. With all those weapons he still looked bad. Imagine what he will look like with our offense with no weapons yikes!

What is Detroit doing differently/exciting besides finally winning!?? I think everyone is excited for them!! 

On 12/28/2023 at 4:40 PM, Basbear said:

His family is close by?? Loved bryce young? Enjoys challenges? Wants to work with evero?  

Depending on his relationship with stanley it could be alll for not. 

I mean if any coach comes here and turns this squad into winners, they would be legends. 

He grew up in Asheville and was likely a fan of the team in high school during their 2003 Super Bowl run.

Whether or not that means anything to him or is anything significant, unknown.

On 12/29/2023 at 8:53 AM, mav1234 said:

Coordinators who can't coordinate for poo, sure. Our offense took a nosedive from an NYFD firefighter and secondary coach as head coach. Money isn't everything. 

Tepper is the ultimate square peg guy.

5 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Coordinators who can't coordinate for poo, sure. Our offense took a nosedive from an NYFD firefighter and secondary coach as head coach. Money isn't everything. 

Tepper is the ultimate square peg guy.

Eh Evero is a good coordinator. But he doesn't have great pieces for his scheme. Possible Brown is the same, hard to tell. Evero's D, between injuries and the shittiness of our offense, is working under impossible strain and still doing OK. Good enough to repeatedly put us in position to win games with even an average offense.

• Pie 1