• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lawrence out Sunday

4Corners

37 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Panthers scored 10 points in the 1st half and their 3rd quarter touchdown included bryce throwing for all of 22 yards and mostly letting Chuba do the work. The Panthers 2nd quarter touchdown was on an end around that Bryce's only contribution to was not fumbling.

Panthers entered the 4th quarter down two scores. Before the Packers went to prevent, bryce had 170 yards, no TD passes, and 1 or 2 fumbles.

11 of his completions were against no rush, max cover, dink and dunk, so before the 4th quarter he was 12/25.

12/25, 170 yards, no TDs, multiple "coulda been" turnovers. That is quintessential bryce young. 

That is the definition of stat padding, even if he managed to get it close enough by the end to lose the game due to his complete lack of awareness. 

If he wasn't such garbage until defenses got tired and switched to prevent in the fourth he wouldn't need the defense (no points in the 3rd quarter) or refs (cannot control time, which bryce has no concept of)

All this against a defense that gave up nearly 400 yards and 4 TDs to baker mayfield, lost to Tommy Devito and Kenny Pickett, and at this point are probably one of the 3 or 4 worst defenses in the league. 

the Packers got Jaire Alexander back, who had been out for weeks... ofc now they've benched him but he is definitely gonna improve that defense. also jesus this prevent defense nonsense... some of you guys, hahahaha. 

Seems you didn't watch the game, which I can't blame you given this team blows. But if you want to actually look at the defensive alignments of the Packers, go for it:

No prevent defense until the last ~20 seconds of the game... Down by 14, I mean on the 3rd and 12 throw to Chark there are 6 packers rushing the passer, lol.  Who runs a prevent defense with 6 pass rushers.  Or in the redzone with a blitzing player coming after Young on BOTH of his TD throws to Chark. Hell, on the second TD pass they bring a blitzer, Bryce is flushed from the pocket and finds Chark in the back corner...

Want to call those last 2 throws stat padding against a prevent? hahaha okay, sure, whatever you want.

I have no problem with people shitting on Young, he's done plenty to deserve it, but this hilarious need to describe opponents defenses as prevent is confusing.

• Pie 4

48 minutes ago, Johnstonny said:

Erbody likes to throw this defense around like its all world...its mediocre at best...they usually only have to defend 40yrds to the goal line...

you do realize defending 40 yards to the goal line is actually MUCH harder than defending... the whole field, right?

this defense isn't all world at all, but given injuries and the shitty pieces, it's performing generally better than expected. But man is it bad against the run, lol

2 hours ago, electro's horse said:

because i've forgotten more about this team than you'll ever know, have been going to the games since clemson, have my family name on the statues in front of the stadium, am (until next season) a PSL owner, and am smart enough to know there's no future with bryce at QB. 

Yet you can’t use correct grammar. Please stop being a fan of this team. 

Edited by TLGPanthersFan

2 hours ago, electro's horse said:

because i've forgotten more about this team than you'll ever know, have been going to the games since clemson, have my family name on the statues in front of the stadium, am (until next season) a PSL owner, and am smart enough to know there's no future with bryce at QB. 

Dude…. Go for a walk.  You’re acting like a woman.   

• Beer 1
  • Flames 2

7 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Am I the only one getting more excited about the NFL right now?

I mean our season is about over. The playoffs are about to start and my Ravens look like they are going to make me some extra money this winter. Life is good.

Shout out Maryland they have been great to me all season.

Have you noticed that every team you switch to ends up on a losing streak?

54 minutes ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

Yes, because we all know you wouldn't care about them if they were 4-13 with Sam Darnold at QB

I mean most fans don't care about bad teams. I have missed 5 games this year because we have been flat out awful for most of the season.

23 minutes ago, weyco2000 said:

Have you noticed that every team you switch to ends up on a losing streak?

I picked the Ravens to win the SB before the season. Was always a fan of Lamar Jackson and vouched for us to trade for him all off-season.

16 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

@CamWhoaaCam can never be wrong because he can shift bandwagons on the fly like no one I've ever seen. 😂

I learn from the best!

Edited by CamWhoaaCam