• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I hope you know what this means…

AceBoogie

8 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

You’re really picking on the guy who’s not the biggest problem on offense. I get how when a team sucks the QB gets the blame. But if you saw how fuging retarded Ickey was today, you’d be starting Ickey threads first. Not that Young was good — he’s just not the first guy who needs to go. 

Ickey is a guard end of discussion.

Playing him at LT is just wasting his ability as a player.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

12 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

We better trade for Justin Fields in the off-season.

Not sure I can take another year of Bryce Young.

IMHO they're keeping him. There really isn't a QB who is THAT much better. They'll take Harrison Jr. and have the nastiest dual WR threat in the NFL. Fields had a good game today.

• Pie 1

Just now, t96 said:

Fortunately, things can turn around pretty damn quickly in this league. Yes we're at rock bottom and won't be any good next year and likely the year after. But 2026 is really wide open for us to be anything. The question is can Tepper step the fug away from football ops and hire us a legit GM/HC combo who aren't stipulated to keep Bryce as starter (sunk cost fallacy). New GM hits on a QB in mid/late rounds or FA, HC instills a legit winning culture from day 1 and it does not have to take 5-10 years.

It really doesn’t…see Detroit 

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Ickey is a guard end of discussion.

Playing him at LT is just wasting his ability as a player.

He sucks at guard too. Guards need to support their LT in pass pro, and he’s not smart enough to do that — and he’s really not good enough of a run blocker to offset his 3 weekly penalties 

• Pie 1

Same problems.  Same story.

Line can't block.

Bryce starts slinging and bailing.

WR's can't catch.

I have not lost faith in Bryce or think he's a bust yet just because he can't overcome how bad this whole team is.  Bryce is part of the problem and regressed again as did the rest of the team and coaches.  

I think the team did try to build on last week and open up the passing more and it punched us right in the mouth because WE CAN NOT PLAY SOUND FUNDAMENTAL COMPLEMENTARY FOOTBALL.

Every single person is taking turns, including Bryce, screwing up. 

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Pantha-kun said:

Saying hes a bust after his first year is premature.

But you can certainly say he's trending that way. Year 2 is going to be absolutely critical for his career. He wont be able to survive 2 years of play like this in terms of being a starting QB in the NFL.

This fan base won't survive another year of Young.

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Guys were open all day. He refuses to step up in the pocket. Staring down reads. The fact that he couldn’t build on last week lets me know he just doesn’t have it. 

it's the unfortunate reality. and honestly I think this is something of a david carr or sam darnold case. Guys who do have the talent/brain/etc. to have success in the NFL but get immediately shell shocked by the sheer ineptitude around them at all levels that they can never fully recover from that PTSD. Bryce in a legit system with legit coaching and some talent around him could've been fine, but here he never stood a chance and now his development is just ruined. Stroud's success makes it even worse but frankly if we had drafted him he probably would've been ruined by this team too. Really a shame, and 100% of the blame is on Tepper for being the worst owner in pro sports.

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, Loyalty4Life said:

Same problems.  Same story.

Line can't block.

Bryce starts slinging and bailing.

WR's can't catch.

I have not lost faith in Bryce or think he's a bust yet just because he can't overcome how bad this whole team is.  Bryce is part of the problem and regressed again as did the rest of the team and coaches.  

I think the team did try to build on last week and open up the passing more and it punched us right in the mouth because WE CAN NOT PLAY SOUND FUNDAMENTAL COMPLEMENTARY FOOTBALL.

Every single person is taking turns, including Bryce, screwing up. 

He was ok until he got injured? Our only hope is whatever happened to his ribs affected his play today 

4 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

IMHO they're keeping him. There really isn't a QB who is THAT much better. They'll take Harrison Jr. and have the nastiest dual WR threat in the NFL. Fields had a good game today.

It's possible. Should be a interesting draft for sure.

They might just trade back and still get MJ and get a boatload of picks again from another franchise lol.

5 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

He sucks at guard too. Guards need to support their LT in pass pro, and he’s not smart enough to do that — and he’s really not good enough of a run blocker to offset his 3 weekly penalties 

Well he's much better at guard than he would be at LT. You're saying he's dumb, but he's playing the most important position on the Oline. Gotta move him to guard where he can't make as many dumb mistakes at LT.