• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can there be hope with Tepper?

MGH1989

12 hours ago, frankw said:

He's his own worst enemy. Only sliver of hope is that sheer shame will lead him to hire a consultant and a team president to run things and he just pays the bills. But I do not see him and his wife changing their stripes.

I keep seeing stuff like this posted. Everyone here knows the Panthers already has a Team President right?

IMG_2151.jpeg

3 minutes ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

I keep seeing stuff like this posted. Everyone here knows the Panthers already has a Team President right?

IMG_2151.jpeg

That is easily fixed and the new person and clear out the rest of the mistakes.

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

That is easily fixed and the new person and clear out the rest of the mistakes.

Oh yeah I wasn’t arguing that. I just brought it up because i don’t think some people realize that role already exists and somebody is in it. 

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, HardcoreHokie said:

Serious question:  

If you were the 91st wealthiest person in THE WORLD at $21B (there are 8 billion people in the world)…Tep could buy-out 20+ billionaires.

…what would you be doing…and why would you be in a visitor box in Jacksonville throwing your drink at a fan?

Like go buy an island, buy whatever friends you want, and live your greatest life, never encountering another human you don’t want to.  You’re running your own world.

I don’t understand some of these egos…. You’re done, you made it!  Why become a low-hanging fruit for Stephen A. Smith?

You don't buy a football team if you're content to slink off to your own private island.

He wants the publicity, the ego massaging.

• Beer 3

4 minutes ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

Oh yeah I wasn’t arguing that. I just brought it up because i don’t think some people realize that role already exists and somebody is in it. 

Most just assume it's an easy move that is 100% justified if you look at the record over her time in that position.

Hope that he develops a throwing arm? I mean, c'mon; it was an under-handed toss like a softball player tossing one to his kid. If you're going to throw something at someone, make it worthwhile. Throw a beer bottle, a chair, TV set. 

Fug, man, put some gut in it. And don't walk away. If you're going to throw something, stand up and show the guy you did it.

1 hour ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

IMG_2151.jpeg

This is a 

‘check the box’ hire just like having a trans cheerleader ‘checks the box’

Tepper may be an idiot but he has hired enough around him to make him look ‘diverse’

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, HardcoreHokie said:

Serious question:  

If you were the 91st wealthiest person in THE WORLD at $21B (there are 8 billion people in the world)…Tep could buy-out 20+ billionaires.

…what would you be doing…and why would you be in a visitor box in Jacksonville throwing your drink at a fan?

Like go buy an island, buy whatever friends you want, and live your greatest life, never encountering another human you don’t want to.  You’re running your own world.

I don’t understand some of these egos…. You’re done, you made it!  Why become a low-hanging fruit for Stephen A. Smith?

Sports teams are a toy or hobby to the rich. It's not about making money; they have better ways to do that. He's a fantasy football player with the means to do it for real.

• Flames 1

12 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Sports teams are a toy or hobby to the rich. It's not about making money; they have better ways to do that. He's a fantasy football player with the means to do it for real.

Oh, but it is about the money. In what other world can you own, produce and distribute a sh!t product and have a guaranteed positive ROI, despite the fact said sh!t product continues to get even worse?

Tepper paid $2.2B in 2018, right? Forbes estimates the August 2023 value of the Panthers to be $4.1B

https://www.forbes.com/teams/carolina-panthers/?sh=275f13cd7a58#:~:text=%2326 Carolina Panthers Team Value,1 %244.1B Calculated August 2023

• Pie 2

51 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

On the contrary sports team and the NFL specifically is one of the best investments where you have a principle in the billions and its return beats inflation............better than treasury bonds for the wealthy that can get a shot at it.

The rest of it is all ego..............you don't get to this level without having one. 

• Pie 1

Just a reminder to all the whining people that  were constantly critical of  Jerry Richardson and wanted him  gone.  Well you got what you wanted but it seems obvious  that ("The grass isn't always greener on the other side of the hill.")

My sincere hope is that David and Nicole Tepper are reflecting on their ownership style and after yesterday's unfortunate display of frustration by DT, they finally decided to hire Football people to run the team. I have no doubt the Tepper's want to win, their willingness to spend money on facilities and human capital make that obvious - and yesterday's outburst was pure evidence of DT's frustration with the lack of success that he himself has directed. It's time to for the Tepper's to step back and adopt a different management approach.