• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Relocation question....

Jmac

1 minute ago, 4Corners said:

It is All about money and the NFL prints it. An NFL team in OKC, San Antonio, Toronto, Mexico City would all do well. I don’t even know if the nfl would bother putting another team in Charlotte. 

There is like 14 teams that make less money than the Panthers.  I'm not going to say "never" but it would be really surprising.  

It's all about available media markets vs the current media market. The owners would only approve a move if significantly more money were to be made. Since this is a profitable market and California Texas New York and Florida all have multiple NFL franchises the odds of this team moving anywhere else are very low.

• Pie 2

I 100% believe Tepper to the be that type of owner to completely wear out his welcome here, piss off everyone in the city and alienate the fans with a below average product on and off the field and then “take his ball and go home” and move the team as one final F-U to everyone. George Shinn style. 

interesting to see what happens this offseason, if he starts the “new stadium” on tax money stuff…a move could be on the horizon because that is a sure as hell way to lose what is left of the city. 

Never say never and all but they will not pull the team.

The league went to some effort to realign teams so they made some geographical sense (with the exception on the NFCE) and there is not really a market that would continue to make sense to move the team to.

Its just not even a reasonable threat.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Newtcase said:

The NFL thought Charlotte was a good market to enter in the 90s and it has exploded in size since then.  To think the NFL doesn't care about Charlotte when they've ALREADY put a team here is a bit comical. 

It’s comical to think you or anyone else knows what a butthurt billionaire is going to do with his NFL team 

If the NFL loves Charlotte so much how come we haven’t hosted a draft or hosted a Super Bowl? 

the nfl is so powerful they could put a team in Vietnam and could probably make it work 

4 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

I 100% believe Tepper to the be that type of owner to completely wear out his welcome here, piss off everyone in the city and alienate the fans with a below average product on and off the field and then “take his ball and go home” and move the team as one final F-U to everyone. George Shinn style. 

interesting to see what happens this offseason, if he starts the “new stadium” on tax money stuff…a move could be on the horizon because that is a sure as hell way to lose what is left of the city. 

...Hes proven himself to be a total scumbag so I could see this scenario happening. 

4 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

The Panthers are not going anywhere despite the desires of some here. 

I’d be surprised if they moved, but wouldn’t be shocked. I think we are still a few years away from anything like that being discussed - but I think a tell will be when the new stadium talk starts picking up and if he wants it financed by the tax payers. That will be a great way for him to start the relocation process 

I have a hard time imagining that. Charlotte and the surrounding area is growing at rapid speeds. The smart move would have been the Rock Hill project and eventually built his own “Jerry World” there while keeping BOA for his beloved FC, concerts, and other events events like fan fest but he ruined that. 

I don’t think the NFL lets him leave and if they do, they will have a 5-10 year plan to put another team here whether it’s through expansions or moving an existing team.

As much of a failure as he has been as an owner, it’s just a matter of time before he figures it out. Dan Snyder was a special kind of evil owner, Tepper is just incredibly inept. He will eventually get bored and hand it over to football people or get so ego bruised that he does it. 

Whether that’s now or 10 years is the real question.

Personally, I would hate for this team to move and we lose it. Even at the lowest point, I still hope for the best.

Twenty plus years of the ups and downs (mostly downs), and it is part of my bloodstream now.

Don't want to lose it due to a knucklehead owner having a pissy fit.

13 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

I’d be surprised if they moved, but wouldn’t be shocked. I think we are still a few years away from anything like that being discussed - but I think a tell will be when the new stadium talk starts picking up and if he wants it financed by the tax payers. That will be a great way for him to start the relocation process 

That’s the only possible way I could see other owners backing a relocation.

They don’t want any city (especially one like Charlotte) to get away with not paying big for a stadium.