• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brown needs 3 more tackles.

Jmac

17 hours ago, ColumbusCounty said:

That's a WILD stat... honestly thought you were going to type "the most in Panthers history."

Yea, he's the must sign. Scary part is he probably hasn't even had the luxury of NFL top level coaching since he's been here, which means he probably still hasn't peaked. That's crazy to think about. 

Glad to see him finally get some recognition. Well deserved. 

Except this year. Todd Walsh is a renowned DL coach and well respected around the league. No doubt he’s played a role in Brown’s stellar performance this year. We definitely need to lock him down financially. Same for Luvu.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Riverboat Ron said:

Watch us trade him to move up to #25 in the draft to grab a RB.

Or worse, give a massive contract to Burns (who hasn't earned it) and lose both he and Luvu (who both have earned it). It is inevitable. 

cartoon network face plant GIF

He's been a 34 or Tampa 2 DL this entire time. 4i/5 tech changes with 0/1 tech on some long passing downs opened his dominant talent up. Wasting him as a base 43 2-gapper against runs/double teams up the middle by Fhule/Snow was always an issue & made his weakness a target for running games.

When it's not an issue about talent, it's an issue of a coach playing talent out of position.

Frustrates me to see players like Brown, Chinn, Burns, & Ekwonu played out of their NFL position of strength. Careers  & championship windows are not long enough in the NFL to waste this time.

• Pie 1

Best player on the team.  Even if the stats don't show it--watch him chase the play to the whistle.  How many DTs are in on tackles on the opposite sideline?  Without Brown, our DL would be about as useful as saloon doors.

• Pie 3

27 minutes ago, pantherj said:

I'm expecting a lot of records to fall this season because we're playing an extra game. Having said that, Brown has been on of the few bright spots in this otherwise abysmal season.

Brown

Luvu

Thielen

STs

If you reach deep deep into the bag- Bell, Hill, Woods, Hubbard. (That Ray DLmen got a few decent/good games to this seasons end)

Besides leading the phins 14-0, did I miss anyone??

Even sadder part was both wins came on last second FGs, each need 4th down conversions to happen. 

On 1/2/2024 at 8:09 PM, Jmac said:

If he gets three more tackles he will have the most in a season by a DT in NFL history.

Let that sink in. This guy has come so far and he is ELITE. He may not get the sacks yet, but once they get a quality guy next to him, they will come.

He is the defense clog that they must sign. They can't lose a player like that. Whatever it takes sign the man.

Best to ever do it not good enough for a pro bowl because of a garbage roster. If any thing it makes it all the more impressive.  He's the only guy I actually want on this team