• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Revisited….Mike Tomlin

If there was a chance to get him as our head coach, would YOU go after him? 

This is a hypothetical discussion about what you would personally do if you had brass balls, and owned the panthers. 

In my opinion I would go after him asap if he were to become available, as he would be build a culture of toughness that we desperately need, and he always leads a team that competes.

THE GOOD: 20…….yes I said 20 years of never having a below .500 season. THE BAD: He has had a bottom 10 offense for 5 straight seasons.

My argument is that a coach like him is what we desperately need in order to build our program back up to being a tough team that competes. With someone like him, Tepper could throw his money bags at the hottest coordinators in the league to help take us over the top like he did this offseason with Evero.

What is YOUR opinion??

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT84SVnoq/

IMG_3179.jpeg

Edited by WarPanthers89

No.

Mike Tomlin has been keeping the Steelers relevant by the skin of his teeth while having some of the worst offenses in the nfl since Rothlisberger retired. 

The Steelers are much stronger organizationally than the Panthers. The Panthers are flimsy as a pile of tissue paper with Tepper ready to tomahawk anyone at any moment because he’s impatient and sucks. 

Tomlin would be a colossal failure in Carolina to the point where we might as well burn the entire stadium down instead.

• Flames 1
  • Poo 1

4 minutes ago, hepcat said:

No.

Mike Tomlin has been keeping the Steelers relevant by the skin of his teeth while having some of the worst offenses in the nfl since Rothlisberger retired. 

The Steelers are much stronger organizationally than the Panthers. The Panthers are flimsy as a pile of tissue paper with Tepper ready to tomahawk anyone at any moment because he’s impatient and sucks. 

Tomlin would be a colossal failure in Carolina to the point where we might as well burn the entire stadium down instead.

I don't understand the logic. The steelers offense has horrible for 5 years (he doesn't pick the players) and he still has them at 9 wins. Our offense has been bad the last 5 years and we have not had more then 6 wins in any season. Yeah I would fuging hate to have a shot at the playoffs every year with a coach that gets the absolute most out of players, sounds awful.

• Beer 2

Just now, toldozer said:

I don't understand the logic. The steelers offense has horrible for 5 years (he doesn't pick the players) and he still has them at 9 wins. Our offense has been bad the last 5 years and we have not had more than 6 wins in any season. Yeah I would fuging hate to have a shot at the playoffs every year with a coach that gets the absolute most out of players, sounds awful.

Tomlin has a much better organization around him than he would on the Panthers. That’s the point. He’s getting the Steelers to .500 every year on one of the best teams in NFL history that prioritizes having a stacked defense. The Panthers under Tepper have no idea what they want to be.

So put Tomlin on the Panthers, a team with a trash front office and organization that is constantly turning over, and you can easily surmise that Tomlin would not be success on the Panthers. 

Side note that Tepper could have just hired Steve Wilks and expected similar results to what Tomlin delivers for the Steelers, but the advantage was Wilks actually proved he could do it in the face of Tepper’s ineptitude.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

I have a friend that is a huge Steelers fan and he told me he would help him pack his van when I said we would take him in Carolina.

I guess he feels like they've had the most talented roster in the NFL and Tomlin has underachieved.

He needs to be a Panthers fan for a couple weeks lol

• Pie 3

If one doesn’t like Tomlin, that’s fine. State that, and move on. There will be posters who come in here and trash him, but in other threads, will gush over other Steeler associates, saying how they have contributed to the Steelers being a model franchise, etc.

• Pie 3

Honestly, I think Tomlin is probably the best motivating coach there is in the NFL. Xs and Os, not as much...

That being said, I'm pretty sure Tepper was one of the biggest haters of Tomlin when he was part of the Steelers. There is a 0% chance we would ever have Tomlin coach us while Tepper is here