• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A moment of SILENCE for our beloved Carolina Panthers as the Houston Texans clinched playoffs

So, CJ and Levis both made it to the playoffs their first year?  Both with no running game and subpar receivers this year?  Derrick Henry avg like what?  2 yards per carry except against us?  I'm trying to cut back on drinking so I'm not watching games like I use to but damn...it's bad.

• Beer 1

59 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

I think it's the coaching, scheme and personnel that are making the difference.

I think Reich would have been a better coach if he had a player to fit his scheme. Reich's scheme obviously works with a QB that is more prototypical, which Stroud is. Reich just wasn't willing to make an offense to suit Bryce and got fired for it.

• Beer 2

Instead of whining so much, start looking at the reasons Stroud was setup for so much success.  The main reason for his success is team building, not talent. Both Stroud and Young are both talented, anybody that watches the game can see it. So lets look at Texans team building and start to truly understand why he was able to walk into a good situation. Ladies and Gents let me introduce you to Deshawn Watson. The Texans received the following draft capital in the trade that sent Watson to Cleveland.

2022 1st Rd : G Kenyon Green( Via Trade- with Eagles going from 13 to 15 and also receiving 124, 162 and 166)

2023 1st Rd : DE Will Anderson ( Via Trade up with the Cardinals to Grab Anderson right after getting Stroud) In this trade with Arizona they receive back a 4th Rd which Texans later give to Philly for a 2024 3rd Rd pick)

2024 1st Rd : TBD

2023 3rd Rd : Tank Dell ( Via Trade with the Rams which was 4 spots and in return received a 6th Rd pick, which they trade back into the 7th Rd for in return for 2 7th Rd picks. These 2 7th Rd picks become Brandon Hill , a key Safety for the Texans and Xavier Hutchinson )

2024 5th Rd : TBD

Here is the list of picks the Texans land from the Watson deal

Kenyon Green, John Metchie III, Christian Harris, Dameon Harris, Thomas Booker, Will Anderson, Tank Dell, Brandon Hill, Xavier Hutchinson, 2024 1st Rd Pick ( Browns) and 2023 3rd Rd Pick( Eagles)

The moral of the story is the problem with the Panthers is the Front office, poor drafting and poor GM moves, and a bad job by the owner in terms of hiring practices, team building and schemes run to gain efficiencies in all phases of the game.  Until Tepper is gone or hires a true team president this organization will never compete again. Stop hitting your head against a wall and complaining about young guys that do not have the organizational pieces around them to start to build anything. Young goes to any kind of team with any descent structure and you will see the same results Stroud is enjoying. And if Stroud was in Charlotte he would be doing the same that Young is experiencing today. BET

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Panic said:

Young goes to any kind of team with any descent structure and you will see the same results Stroud is enjoying. And if Stroud was in Charlotte he would be doing the same that Young is experiencing today. BET

I mean CJ would be worse in Carolina and Bryce would be better in Hou.  No doubt.  But I don’t think either plays out the same. 

everything else aside, CJ Stroud has better NFL tools than Bryce.   And that really stands out given both are young and not the best versions yet of whatever they will be. 

There are throws that if they open up Stroud can take that Bryce can’t.   Stroud can get the ball to more places effectively in less than ideal scenarios vs Bryce.  There are throws and plays that just aren’t going to happen for Bryce.  

eventually, everyone is going to have to come to terms that Young’s arm isn’t ideal for this league and as is his size.  There is a reason why there aren’t a lot of Bryce Young’s playing in the NFL. 

• Pie 2

8 hours ago, NAS said:

Stroud is already a top 10 QB - as a rookie. 

Tepper and Fitt blew it

This is why I’m done. Stroud was by every measure the #1 pick based on the timing of our trade, dude had blown away the workouts and looked every bit a franchise QB. I was convinced he was the pick and the Young projections were just trolls, then I saw the hug. I knew we were f’ed. I held out hope just like when we took Jimmy Clausen that maybe I was blind to something the experts in Charlotte saw that I didn’t. Sadly they have very comparable arms and Bryce will struggle.

• Pie 3

8 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Don't usually like your posts but this was basically my wishlist if you sub Steichen for Ryans, either one wouldn't be a major issue regardless of what our record would be currently . They could have literally taken a Huddle/Panthers twitter poll  in the spring and done a better job than whatever their formula was. The only intense Bryce/Stroud issue was when certain people started pummeling all the Stroud supporters after Bryce's pro day like somehow just because it became clear we were going to take Bryce that all Stroud supporters were idiots lol. Pretty much all Stroud fans accepted Bryce being the pick and tried to be positive until preseason at least. Also S2 fug you

This was me.  I was a Stroud guy, but accepted that we were going to draft Bryce after pro day.  I'll still root for Bryce to succeed next year, I just don't see the path.  But serious props to Stroud.  I thought he was the better prospect, but what he showed in the Georgia game was actually who he is in the NFL and I definitely didn't see that coming.

5 minutes ago, Riverboat Ron said:

This is why I’m done. Stroud was by every measure the #1 pick based on the timing of our trade, dude had blown away the workouts and looked every bit a franchise QB. I was convinced he was the pick and the Young projections were just trolls, then I saw the hug. I knew we were f’ed. I held out hope just like when we took Jimmy Clausen that maybe I was blind to something the experts in Charlotte saw that I didn’t. Sadly they have very comparable arms and Bryce will struggle.

Pickles isn't the comp, it's Weinke.  Pickles was measurably worse than BY.

Edited by BrianS
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1