• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What coach(s) would actually make you happy with the hire

MGH1989

Slowik…

The success of Mike Shanahan’s coaching tree can’t be ignored.

Also, Slowik has worked on both sides of the ball at the NFL level and got his start as a defensive assistant for Washington and then became the defensive quality control coach for San Francisco.

To my knowledge, it’s rare for an NFL head coach to have professional experience on both sides of the ball which I personally believe sets Slowik apart from other candidates. He’s a well-rounded coach.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

1 hour ago, Pazhoosier89 said:

Bobby Slowik- He is my top choice for what he has done with Stroud and that offense

Ben Johnson

Mike McDonald 

But will Slowik scheme work with Bryce? Main thing I would be thinking as a potential offensive HC is will I be able to make an offense to get the most out of Bryce? Reich failed to adjust his offense, stubbornly. Bryce run offense is gonna be something completely different compared to a Stroud led offense.

• Beer 1

9 hours ago, The Lobo said:

Harbaugh and Ben Johnson. Preferably Harbaugh, although, if you can make Jared Goff look good, you’re a really good coach. 

I mean, maybe, just maybe….Goff just isn’t a bad QB.  He was a multi pro bowl QB that went to the SB.  People claimed that was just McVay being McVay.  Now he is a pro bowl QB again….and everyone claims it’s Ben Johnson. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Not sure but I want a coach that has the guts to play the best QB on the roster regardless of politics.

Yep, Young got his shot and it didn't go well. Now he needs to earn the starting position.

11 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, maybe, just maybe….Goff just isn’t a bad QB.  He was a multi pro bowl QB that went to the SB.  People claimed that was just McVay being McVay.  Now he is a pro bowl QB again….and everyone claims it’s Ben Johnson. 

Goff is definitely a good QB.  There should be no doubt about that.  But I think Johnson and Goff both benefit greatly from each other, which isn't a bad thing.  Johnson plays to Goff's strengths so well, and is able to adjust his scheme to maximize every player on the offense.  Even when Amon-Ra would have to miss time, guys like Reynolds would step up.  

Edited by Mage

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I would kill to hear what the coaching candidates say about Bryce during interviews 

If Tepper isn't budging on Bryce, he's going to have a tougher time than he thinks finding a HC.  Going into year two, nothing should be handed to Young.  The compromise will likely be if Young sucks again next year, the new coach can go out and get his QB in 2025.  Tepper will most likely demand Young gets at least one more year to pan out in 2024...even though it's clear to just about everyone he's not NFL starting QB material.

• Pie 2

This next coaching hire doesn't matter.  He'll be here a season and a half, tied to Bryce.  When BY is a clear failure they'll ditch this coach and draft a QB again.

Sorry.  I wish I could see it differently, but I don't.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, TarHeel69 said:

I don't care who they hire, as long as they are not another Dave/Nicole hand puppet.

Lol, you think Tepper is going to have dudes tell him how to run this organization?  I mean, he SHOULD, but billionaires don't tend follow the directives of other people unless it's within their own circle.

If the organization was smart, they would have a mole to get to Nicole ear and thereby Dave's.  Nicole is about the only person I think that can persuade/dissuade his stubborn arse.  So getting David to change his ways isn't the objective, but a confidant with some real NFL knowledge that can get Nicole's ear regularly to pass along to her hubby.

Edited by 45catfan

10 minutes ago, BrianS said:

This next coaching hire doesn't matter.  He'll be here a season and a half, tied to Bryce.  When BY is a clear failure they'll ditch this coach and draft a QB again.

Sorry.  I wish I could see it differently, but I don't.

I don't disagree and I think the candidates are probably thinking the same thing.