• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

season is over, are there ANY bryce believers left on this board?

I think Bryce’s problem at the moment is overthinking the game and not taking enough chances. But given the circumstances you can’t really blame him because our WRs are literally failing him with drops and tipped passes on plays that could easily swing drives and games our direction.

I don’t think it’s a size thing as much as it is a confidence problem in the offense. I do share concern with his ability to drive the ball and throw with zip. I do think he can throw it far enough in the NFL given a decent pocket. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, BIGH2001 said:

That’s because Green Bay left the A gap wide open. I could have picked up the first down on that play.

Buddy you would’ve poo yourself in the huddle and fumbled the snap immediately

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

If Josh Allen was BY's size he would have been out of the league or maybe a backup 3 years ago

Bryce young and Josh Allen are not the same. This is known because this is reality. Josh Allen was viewed as a erratic thrower bust after his rookie year. I’m sorry Bryce isn’t 6’5 but I’m not writing him off because of a bad rookie year which is the norm in the league. 

3 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Bryce young and Josh Allen are not the same. This is known because this is reality. Josh Allen was viewed as a erratic thrower bust after his rookie year. I’m sorry Bryce isn’t 6’5 but I’m not writing him off because of a bad rookie year which is the norm in the league. 

Ok so we agree basically on everything except you think his bad rookie year is comparable to average rookie years. The average QB doesn't have to suddenly figure out at 23 or 24 years old how to dramatically improve their arm strength. Most have the tools just need to mentally adjust. Bryce doesn't have the tools, needs to mentally adjust, and needs to figure out how to mentally adjust into somehow convincing secondaries that he's going to magically get the ball out of his arm faster with that crazy ass footwork. It's a major uphill battle that he should have been working on for the last 5 years since he stopped growing. He's not going to suddenly change his whole game and body type anytime soon

• Beer 1

Just now, Jackie Lee said:

Ok so we agree basically on everything except you think his bad rookie year is comparable to average rookie years. The average QB doesn't have to suddenly figure out at 23 or 24 years old how to dramatically improve their arm strength. Most have the tools just need to mentally adjust. Bryce doesn't have the tools, needs to mentally adjust, and needs to figure out how to mentally adjust into somehow convincing secondaries that he's going to magically get the ball out of his arm faster with that crazy ass footwork. It's a major uphill battle that he should have been working on for the last 5 years since he stopped growing. He's not going to suddenly change his whole game and body type anytime soon

I see where you coming from but I will say this, Bryce can get stronger and be able to shake off people better than this year, Tua did it.

but also you can’t tell me that he can’t have the game slow down and be able to process better.

or have an actual offense in place to benefit him. Panthers fans are so focused on how Cam changed things for us in 2011 on a dime but that’s not how things work.

To say that Bryce is a finished product is not fair. I was down on him but damn you get him into a open area with WRs that can catch and you can’t stop him. Him college tape and his nfl tape shows that. 

Get him some good guard play (Like Brees had and saints people admit Is what made it work) and watch Bryce go.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Allen wasn't known as a bust after his rookie year. He had 18 total TDs in 11 games started ... He didn't throw the ball a ton, but he still averaged 230 yards a game of offense, not bad for a rookie.  The question was if he could ever mature as a passer or if he'd always need to rely on his legs. But Allen was also drafted as a project specifically... Bryce Young was the total opposite...

• Flames 2

I think with an improved o-line (which should be with everyone healthy.) Maybe BC at LT. With receivers who can separate quickly. Maybe then we'll see better results from BY. 

Got to protect him and also run the ball. Then, after another year, if he shows little improvement, we should look elsewhere. 

This season was definitely a letdown for Bryce Young. Nevertheless, despite that, we need to give him at least 1-2 seasons. Let's assume other quarterbacks in the league, ranging from S to B tier, were put in a similar situation as our Bryce Young:

1) Bench 2-3 out of the 5 starting offensive linemen,

2) Implement a new offensive strategy,

3) Take away the number one receiver and running backs.

When considering these three scenarios, we should contemplate how well other quarterbacks could perform under these conditions.

It's been a harsh season for the young rookie. I don't expect much from Bryce Young, but I do believe he deserves a chance, at the very least.

4 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Even prime Brees could qb sneak and leap over piles. I will never understand the Brees comparison they play nothing alike and are obviously different sizes

I need the video/gif of Brees leaping over piles.  He may could run a sneak, but he didn't have a UFL talent offensive line like Bryce had all season either.

7 hours ago, Panthercougar68 said:

It wasn't just a bad year.  It was one of the worst qb performances ever. 

• Pie 2

7 hours ago, Panthercougar68 said:

I see where you coming from but I will say this, Bryce can get stronger and be able to shake off people better than this year, Tua did it.

but also you can’t tell me that he can’t have the game slow down and be able to process better.

or have an actual offense in place to benefit him. Panthers fans are so focused on how Cam changed things for us in 2011 on a dime but that’s not how things work.

To say that Bryce is a finished product is not fair. I was down on him but damn you get him into a open area with WRs that can catch and you can’t stop him. Him college tape and his nfl tape shows that. 

Get him some good guard play (Like Brees had and saints people admit Is what made it work) and watch Bryce go.

One major difference between Tua and Bryce (outside of 3 inches in height and 30lbs in weight) is that Tua has a good ish deep ball to scare defenses. Bryce has never had a good deep ball, not even in college. 

Tua also has a stacked offense, not that different from Purdy to be honest. And Miami still only beat one team with a winning record this year.

Will Bryce improve next year? Yes I believe so, I mean he can’t get worse. But will he improve enough to be a high end starter for us? I don’t see it.