• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan Morgan should be seriously considered for GM

NAS

9 minutes ago, NAS said:

I know a friend of friend that has a source close to Dan Morgan (not exactly Schefter reporting so make of it what you will)

But what I remember is even when we thought everything was cool and most felt good about Tepper’s hires and direction of the team, he told me that Tepper doesn’t know what he’s doing and is driving the organization into the ground.  He said that in the front office, Dan Morgan was the only one who would speak truth to Tepper and butt heads. 

I truly hope Dan would get the chance to replace Fitterer. I think he would not be a yes man and would actually bring some credibility to the organization. Yes he’s part of the staff now but he was not behind the terrible decisions. In fact I would bet he was probably the only dissenting voice in the room. 

Much like Brandon Beane, who should not have been judged because of Hurney or Gettleman, he needs his own chance to shine. 

Speaking of Brandon Beane, he left the Panthers for the Bills in 2017. The following showcases the ineptitude of the Panthers and the huge blunder they made in not canning Nippleshorts for Beane.

Record by Season - Panthers:

2017: 11-5

2018: 7-9

2019: 5-11

2020: 5-11

2021: 5-12

2022: 7-10

2023: 2-15

Overall: 42-73

Record by Season - Bills:

2017: 9-7

2018: 6-10

2019: 10-6

2020: 13-3

2021: 11-6

2022: 13-3

2023: 11-6

Overall: 73-41

What a disaster!

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

14 minutes ago, Bama Panther said:

Speaking of Brandon Beane, he left the Panthers for the Bills in 2017. The following showcases the ineptitude of the Panthers and the huge blunder they made in not canning Nippleshorts for Beane.

Record by Season - Panthers:

2017: 11-5

2018: 7-9

2019: 5-11

2020: 5-11

2021: 5-12

2022: 7-10

2023: 2-15

Overall: 42-73

Record by Season - Bills:

2017: 9-7

2018: 6-10

2019: 10-6

2020: 13-3

2021: 11-6

2022: 13-3

2023: 11-6

Overall: 73-41

What a disaster!

If we had canned nippleshorts two months earlier, beane probably never leaves.

• Pie 7

4 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Besides the Carolina connection from his playing days, why?

Remember to include his successes as an executive here in your answer.

What were Beane’s successes before he became the GM? 

Morgan was successful with Bills as director of personnel. 

• Pie 5

Regardless of who the new GM will be it needs to be someone who will tell Tepper to stop with all the home run swings at trying to fix the team in one offseason. We spent so much of our resources on Teddy, Sam, and Baker that when we finally made our move to get Bryce cupboard is now stripped bare with no easy way to support him. You have to hope that the new HC can work magic with Bryce with the pieces we do have because most of the cap we have now will be used to retain Luvu, Brown and Burns or you have to fug up the future cap down the road by restructuring guys and backloading contracts in order to get Bryce some help now. 

24 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Besides the Carolina connection from his playing days, why?

Remember to include his successes as an executive here in your answer.

If this were the stance for hiring anyone into any position, there would never be new entries into that specific line of work. 

• Pie 2

Sounds like a good way to give us all reasons to hate a former player that is well liked.

Just hire someone else and clean house. There are no good answers inhouse and there is nothing good worth carrying over into a new regime. Say good luck and hopefully he goes on to a competent organization to continue his career inprovement, not the career implosion awaiting him as a GM here.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, BIGH2001 said:

I’m old enough to remember him being in here advertising his failed pizza restaurant. Is that who we want running this thing? It might be the best we can do though. 

You were probably one of the ones trolling him over concussions too

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

I want a cleaned house at the top. Maybe that makes Morgan collateral damage.  Maybe it doesn’t.  But we are too bad to let folks who have been apart of this stay at the top. 

• Pie 2