• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Coach/GM Updates

1 hour ago, DJ feed me moore said:

falcons knocking out there rooney rule guys today... Makes me think they are going to hire BB

I believe they interviewed Steve Wilks too. Looks like they are definitely looking for the DC type. Could be ones of these guys or BB. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

In the last 24 hours, reports that Sirianni could be gone with an L, Tomlin could take a hiatus after this season, and obviously some have speculated about McCarthy’s safety if the Cowboys flop in the playoffs.

Any of these coming open would be brutal for us. Multiple coming open would especially sting.

McCarthy might not be too bad as it would put him on the market for the Panthers.

• Poo 1

1 hour ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

In the last 24 hours, reports that Sirianni could be gone with an L, Tomlin could take a hiatus after this season, and obviously some have speculated about McCarthy’s safety if the Cowboys flop in the playoffs.

Any of these coming open would be brutal for us. Multiple coming open would especially sting.

The standards are hilarious for these franchises compared to ours.

17 straight winning seasons and a Super Bowl win? Get rid of him.

Greatest coach of all-time with 6 Super Bowls?  Time to move on.

Playoffs every year?  Not good enough.

Just won a MNC?  Under-qualified for Charlotte.

Panthers?  Those are all re-treads, let’s grab that hotshot Memphis Coach or the guy that got fired in Indy. Perfect.

4 minutes ago, HardcoreHokie said:

The standards are hilarious for these franchises compared to ours.

17 straight winning seasons and a Super Bowl win? Get rid of him.

Greatest coach of all-time with 6 Super Bowls?  Time to move on.

Playoffs every year?  Not good enough.

Just won a MNC?  Under-qualified for Charlotte.

Panthers?  Those are all re-treads, let’s grab that hotshot Memphis Coach or the guy that got fired in Indy. Perfect.

I like two Raven Coordinators, but for the record, if I owned Panthers I would be all over Harbaugh, Belicheck or Vrabel, I think either one of those guys would at least take us in the right direction.

• Beer 1

Thinking on it some more, something about Macdonald seems right to me.  

He coached the first defense in NFL history to win the defensive triple crown (point per game, sacks & takeaways).  First in overall defense DVOA.  Was at UGA for a few years to start his career.  Has grinded in Baltimore for 7 years (with a successful detour for Jim at Michigan) Has both Harbaughs and a lot of the NFL thinking super highly of him.  

The dude also just commands that locker room.  Seeing what Kyle Hamilton, Roquan, Queen, & Madubuike, have spoke to, he sounds like an excellent candidate. 

Also re: BAL - last cycle Breer reported we wanted to interview Matteo and were declined.  We requested this time around and got an interview.  

Matteo & Macdonald could be a strong package.  

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 3

2 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

Thinking on it some more, something about Macdonald seems right to me.  

He coached the first defense in NFL history to win the defensive triple crown (point per game, sacks & takeaways).  First in overall defense DVOA.  Was at UGA for a few years to start his career.  Has grinded in Baltimore for 7 years (with a successful detour for Jim at Michigan) Has both Harbaughs and a lot of the NFL thinking super highly of him.  

The dude also just commands that locker room.  Seeing what Kyle Hamilton, Roquan, Queen, & Madubuike, have spoke to, he sounds like an excellent candidate. 

Also re: BAL - last cycle Breer reported we wanted to interview Matteo and were declined.  We requested this time around and got an interview.  

Matteo & Macdonald could be a strong package.  

Macdonald is slowly becoming one of my favorite candidates. It's between him and Slowik for me, assuming Ben Johnson heads to Washington and we don't show interest in Vrabel.

35 minutes ago, NYPantherFan said:

Macdonald is slowly becoming one of my favorite candidates. It's between him and Slowik for me, assuming Ben Johnson heads to Washington and we don't show interest in Vrabel.

I wonder if Slowik will pull a Ben Johnson and stay another year. Since it is his first year being the play caller.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Gronk said NFL Fox pregame that Atlanta is coming after Belichick HOT but if McCarthy gets canned I can see Jerry and Arthur duking it out.

If I'm Arthur Blank I'm trying to get that finalized like today

• Beer 1

13 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Gronk said NFL Fox pregame that Atlanta is coming after Belichick HOT but if McCarthy gets canned I can see Jerry and Arthur duking it out.

Funny because just reported on NBC by Mike Florio the Falcons want Raheem Morris.

Gotta love all these insiders with different reports.

I know our spot isn't great, but we seem to be lucking out and might fall forward into a good coach. The candidates like Slowik, MacDonald, Monken, and Canales might not be the super hot names (Slowik will be hotter after this weekend) but other teams seem to have their eyes set on different targets. LA (Harbaugh), Washington (Johnson), LV (Pierce), NE (Mayo), Seattle (Quinn/Vrabel), Atlanta (BB)....im not betting money that is how things go but it seems odd in general for a cycle with lots of openings.

• Pie 2