• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With Panthers cleaning house how safe is Bryce

45 minutes ago, Frank9999 said:

Idk man, i think Bryce was Scott’s guy and convinced Tepper. 

I think he might be coming to the realization Bryce doesn't have it. He sees what we see..... Also would explain why hes yelling fuQ and throwing drinks on people.

• Beer 1

Tepper is in a weird spot. The losing can not continue, but he may be starting to see that Bryce wasn’t the right pick, and may not be an NFL caliber QB…  So what direction does he go because he can’t have it both ways? Does he risk yet another embarrassing season just to save face? What if none of the top prospects are willing to work with Bryce? Does Tepper have to tell them to give Bryce 1 year and if it doesn’t work then they can bring in their guy? 

All of the gm and coaching prospects know what kind of person Tepper is by now. This is going to be very interesting. 

Were 2-14, and Bryce wasn't exactly a world beater, so I get the frustration. 

BUT...

We've already mortgaged our immediate future on Bryce. If we try to undo that now, we are going to dig an even deeper hole. If you can get a bounty in the draft for him he's tradeable. Otherwise, he's the guy next season. Absolutely no reason to play a veteran journeyman. If Bryce is bad enough in 2024, we will get a QB in 2025. No reason to try to be a fringe playoff team next year. Either Bryce is the guy, or he ain't. 

Can you imagine the blowback if you trade Bryce and he ends up being good? Highly doubtful that happens, or you can find a trade partner that makes it advantageous for us. 

• Pie 1

Bryce is defiantly safe for the 2024 season.  This season sucked in about a million different ways.  Honestly, waiting in line at the DMV would have probably be a more entertaining time than most of our games!

That being said, Bryce was the top QB last draft.  Regardless of how incredibly well Stroud has played this season, Young was the consensus.  Honestly, what needs to happen to see Bryce improve is a more unified system.  The idea of marrying McVay with Reich's spread was not great.  We need well designed plays that give QBs answers instead of forcing Young to figure it out.  That's what good offensive coaches do.

That's going to be the biggest challenge: how do we take the players we have under contract (OL is power run, WRs are big and or slow, QB is small, TE is an afterthought, and Chubba is the best RB on the roster), and make a system that works for them.  More than who has the fattest rolodex, I want the coach with the best plan for what we have offensively.  And I want a coach who can lead the team.

• Pie 1

I think he is 100% safe next season.  If we actually had our #1 pick that might not be the case but here we are.  You use this draft and offseason trying to add some explosive skill players and suring up the offensive line, then if bryce doesnt improve drastically next season then he's pretty much done.