• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Burns doesn’t think he teams top priority. Also thinks he should be paid among top edge rushers

ncfan

If you want to be paid like a top player, you gotta be a top player.  Over his career, Burns has been:

40th

14th

21st

8th

37th

In sacks each season.  So an average of 24th.  He's "good", but not "great" or "top".  I'll give him 20 per over 4 years, with 30-35 guaranteed.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

This is a message to whomever the new GM is. He's trying to preemptively set the bargaining expectations high. But I don't think it's going to work.

No GM in this league is willing to pay Burns like a top 5 or even top 10 Edge rusher. Because he's not one.

Let him sniff around the market and find out that teams are willing to pay him like an above-average pass-rusher and not a penny more. Then let him come crawling back to our new GM for an extension.

I feel pretty confident he'll be a Panther next year. But he seriously needs his ego checked.

• Pie 3

9 minutes ago, BrianS said:

If you want to be paid like a top player, you gotta be a top player.  Over his career, Burns has been:

40th

14th

21st

8th

37th

In sacks each season.  So an average of 24th.  He's "good", but not "great" or "top".  I'll give him 20 per over 4 years, with 30-35 guaranteed.

You should include pressure rate as well. But, yeah, from the eye test alone, I think we're simply better off trading him to the highest bidder. He's not a top rusher, and that fact has shown up better than he does on every down. 

Didn't this man just admit he had a poor year because he was playing scared? I sure as crap don't want someone like that on my team or in my locker room. Not a leader at all. Sir Puss can pack his things. Sadly, I am pretty sure other teams will feel this way as well. He is doing nothing but hurting his possible future contract and/or trade value at this point. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Leeroy Jenkins Ph.D. said:

Didn't this man just admit he had a poor year because he was playing scared? I sure as crap don't want someone like that on my team or in my locker room. Not a leader at all. Sir Puss can pack his things. Sadly, I am pretty sure other teams will feel this way as well. He is doing nothing but hurting his possible future contract and/or trade value at this point. 

Makes me wonder what his teammates think. Derrick Brown and Frankie Luvu are FAs too, and they sure as fug didn't take it easy.

• Pie 8

48 minutes ago, ChuckWag78 said:

Bingo. His deal was more on potential/youth than anything else. 

I went to FSU, so I'm a burns fan, but we need to just tag and trade him and be done with this. 

I fully agree. That would be the best solution.

• Pie 1