• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rumor: Tepper threw drink in response to JAG fan mocking Haynes injury

Saca312

Saw this making the rounds on Panthers twitter. Maybe legit, maybe a bunch of poo.

Do with this perspective what you will.

"Team employee I know very well tells me Tepper threw the drink in response to the Jags fan heckling Marquis Haynes when he was concussed... "get the stretcher" type stuff and celebrating. 

A couple of FU's were exchanged, then Tepper threw his drink."

• Pie 7

Just now, Jay Roosevelt said:

We're talking about David Tepper and a bunch of (likely) drunk Jaguar fans. There's honestly no telling what was said before the drink was thrown.

If I was within earshot of David Tepper at BOA trust and believe I'd find myself banned from the stadium in short order. I'd keep it clean for the kids but hard truths would get dropped until he had me removed.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

Lol. Right after a pick on offense (for a TD?). Just lol

Plausible contention is the injury mocking is what initiated Tepper's ire towards the fan and the heckling as the interception happened was the straw that broke the camel's neck.

That or Tepper is trying to find the one slim excuse that could garner sympathy for him in the Panthers Org. 

• Pie 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

If I was within earshot of David Tepper at BOA trust and believe I'd find myself banned from the stadium in short order. I'd keep it clean for the kids but hard truths would get dropped until he had me removed.

I think we can all second that.

6 minutes ago, CBDellinger said:

there appeared to be some back and forth, you can see Fitts saying something to the fans outside the window right b4 the drink toss... add in the fact that someone figured they should pull out their phone to record... makes sense.

The (probably drunk) fans set Tepper up and sadly he fell for it.

11 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Plausible contention is the injury mocking is what initiated Tepper's ire towards the fan and the heckling as the interception happened was the straw that broke the camel's neck.

That or Tepper is trying to find the one slim excuse that could garner sympathy for him in the Panthers Org. 

It screams excuse. A friend leaked this and it is mighty convenient. The entire thing is a hilarious attempt at misdirection. Tepper the player's hero lol

• Beer 2