• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers interview requests

Mr. Scot

Posted (edited)

One thought: If McClay were to go to the Commanders, he'd become a direct rival to the team he's spent most of his career with.

Mind you, working for an a--hole like Jerry Jones might drive one to something like that.

However, if he doesn't want to go that route but does want to be the man in charge, the Panthers could at least conceivably make more sense.

Edited by Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, jamos14 said:

Very heavy lean for Washington from the Twittersphere.   I don't think any team has asked about Peters despite being the most successful candidate. 

Peters and Bob Meyers know each other well and apparently that's why Washington brought him in.

I actually think Washington might be the top job out there. New owner, storied franchise etc. Starting with a clean slate. I could see it being something taking Peter’s from 49ers.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I totally agree. That should have been the plan from the jump. But they've been struggling to figure out if they are rebuilding or making a run. Until Dave figures that out I'm not sure what is going on. He's 5 years behind on making that decision. 

Tepper has been using the Michael Jordan book on ownership. Have family help run the team, claim you're rebuilding, then be too impatient to see it through and take shortcuts, which set the team back even further.

• Pie 4

Just now, jayboogieman said:

Tepper has been using the Michael Jordan book on ownership. Have family help run the team, claim you're rebuilding, then be too impatient to see it through and take shortcuts, which set the team back even further.

I'm afraid that until he decides what he wants AND STICKS WITH IT we are in for a rollercoaster ride of mixed messages from the FO.

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, Martin said:

I actually think Washington might be the top job out there. New owner, storied franchise etc. Starting with a clean slate. I could see it being something taking Peter’s from 49ers.

Kinda like how the Panthers were considered a good job before everyone figured out that Tepper was both an idiot and an asshole.

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Kinda like how the Panthers were considered a good job before everyone figured out that Tepper was both an idiot and an asshole.

this year on so many levels for the panthers...

deflated GIF