• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers interview requests

Mr. Scot

57 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

A candidate connection I didn't realize at first: Dave Canales and Ed Dodds were together for like 7 years in Seattle.  

I said this in a earlier thread but it's interesting the amount of connections there is between the GM candidates and the HC candidates....

Canales and Greenberg

Canales and Dobbs/Morgan? 

Monken/MacDonald and Matteo 

Quinn and Dobbs/ Morgan?

Morris and Greenberg

Smith and Harley

B.Johnson and Disner

Br Johnson and Halaby 

Am I missing any??? 

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, methodtoll said:

I said this in a earlier thread but it's interesting the amount of connections there is between the GM candidates and the HC candidates....

Canales and Greenberg

Canales and Dobbs/Morgan? 

Monken/MacDonald and Matteo 

Quinn and Dobbs/ Morgan?

Morris and Greenberg

Smith and Harley

B.Johnson and Disner

Br Johnson and Halaby 

Am I missing any??? 

I definitely think this will be a package deal. GM interviews are certainly covering the prospective GM's thoughts on the coaching search. Tepper gets the coach he wants without stepping on the new GM's toes.

52 minutes ago, BrisbanePanther said:

Even then it'll be fool's gold and a matter of time before it falls apart. Fitt was the allegedly the right choice and so was Rhule and so was Frank. 

Fantastic hires according to all the media. I don't think anyone can be great with dave and nicole hovering 

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

Mike Kaye is the guest and says it does look like Tepper is willing to hire a president of football ops or other position to add that go between layer people want.

I hope he hires the 2 positions of GM and VP-Football Operation a package deal before hiring the head coach whether GM: Alec Halaby/Ed Dodds/Dan Morgan/Brandon Brown and then for VP-Football Operations: either Brandt Tilis/Alec Halaby/Nick Matteo/Khai Harley/Mike Disner! Then for HC: Ben Johnson/Mike Macdonald/Todd Monkin/Bobby Slowik/Ejiro Evero!

Edited by razorwolf
One individual could fill to roles!
  • Pie 1

2 hours ago, BrisbanePanther said:

Even then it'll be fool's gold and a matter of time before it falls apart. Fitt was the allegedly the right choice and so was Rhule and so was Frank. 

I think this was the spin from when the media was convinced that Tepper was some kind of hedge fund wunderkind savant who was in the process of outsmarting the other NFL owners. Now it's being realized that Tepper is a football moron and he very well may have been the hand picked next man up in the good old boy's club because he was an insanely wealthy person with a huge desire to own a team who was a football moron. What a perfect owner of an NFL team if you're one of the other 31 owners.

• Pie 4

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Now it's being realized that Tepper is a football moron

The problem is that this fact is not being realized by Tepper.  Unfortunately we have a football moron owner who believes he is a football genius.  Its  ok to be a football moron owner if you realize this fact and hire people that are not.  Then just stay out of their way and let them do their jobs.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

16 hours ago, methodtoll said:

Bobby Slowick has gotta be at the top of the list, right? Right? RIGHT?!?!?

The problem with Slowik is the problem Johnson had last year. First year play callers don’t expect to be offered head coaching jobs, so they don’t have support staffs. That’s the first question asked in interviews “who can you bring with you?”. 

6 minutes ago, Selltheteamtepper said:

The problem with Slowik is the problem Johnson had last year. First year play callers don’t expect to be offered head coaching jobs, so they don’t have support staffs. That’s the first question asked in interviews “who can you bring with you?”. 

Good thing Tepper looks like he wants to assemble the rest of the next HCs staff... 

• Flames 1
  • Poo 1