• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers interview requests

Mr. Scot

6 hours ago, Mage said:

I'm sold.  GIVE ME SLOWIK.

Having someone from the Shanahan tree would be nice.  

FWIW most of us Texans fans think he is as good as gone. I was a Houston oiler fan and I've been a Texans fan since their inception and in my entire football watching career : ) I don't think the Oilers/Texans had a play caller that could actually adjust the game plan based on matchups as well as Slowik and I'd rank him over Gary Kubiak who was a damn good game planner.  

I think he would be a slam dunk hire but as y'all know if your owner and the GM are going to neuter him it doesn't matter who y'all hire. Im a bit surprised Mike Vrabel isn't getting more run- I think the titans made a mistake with that one. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 3

Being a good OC doesnt mean he will be a good head coach.  Way too many variables.  And hiring BS just because he had a good year with stroud and assuming he can fix Young would be a panther move for sure.  If BS is the guy is tepper going to let give him time to grow into the role because the dude is as green as they come.

In closing hiring this dude simply because he had a great offense one year is pretty moronic in my opinion.

It would be a bit more logical if he got hired and just let EE handle all things defense and he just focused on the offense but I dont know if it works like.  Each head coach has a scheme in mind for what they think would be successful 

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Being a good OC doesnt mean he will be a good head coach.  Way too many variables.  And hiring BS just because he had a good year with stroud and assuming he can fix Young would be a panther move for sure.  If BS is the guy is tepper going to let give him time to grow into the role because the dude is as green as they come.

In closing hiring this dude simply because he had a great offense one year is pretty moronic in my opinion.

It would be a bit more logical if he got hired and just let EE handle all things defense and he just focused on the offense but I dont know if it works like.  Each head coach has a scheme in mind for what they think would be successful 

Sure, there are no guarantees that anyone will turn in to a great HC. But taking a chance on someone excelling as a OC is a darn good place to start. He won’t turn Bryce in to Stroud, I don’t think anyone expects that. But I’d rather look at what he does in his offense in terms of protecting the QB, adjustments for different opponents etc. And that has been very impressive. I think one of the main reasons we are holding on to Evero is so that a younger offensive HC can focus on the offense initially and let the defense and special teams be managed on their own, a very prudent approach for a younger coach.

• Pie 1

Todays the day I think we find out more about the direction of our search. The coveted Ben Johnson will be interviewed and probably chained to a fence until he agrees to be our coach. If not, we will see who is getting the second interviews. If Johnson makes it to the WTF interview, I think he’s as good as gone. 

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I understand your point of view and generally I agree but, you have to look at the Shanahan tree and see the success rate that has occured, and that includes DeMeco Ryans. The only thing that would hold back Slowick's potential will be Tepper though.

• Pie 2

34 minutes ago, methodtoll said:

I understand your point of view and generally I agree but, you have to look at the Shanahan tree and see the success rate that has occured, and that includes DeMeco Ryans. The only thing that would hold back Slowick's potential will be Tepper though.

I dont disagree but you cannot deny the dude is green as hell.  I am talking about being around a team, running a team etc.  His offense may work from the jump but he is going to need time to get his sea legs.  I dude like canales may be an easier transition.  Maybe not better in the long term but smoother up front.

The question obviously is tepper going give these dudes room to breath and grow

Since its the teppers hiring I am going to be skeptical of whoever they hire

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I don't care that Slowick was Stroud's O.C. I'm just a huge fan of his offense in general. Whether it's Bryce Young or whatever QB we draft in 2025 having a coach like Bobby Slowick that brings such a dynamic offense to the table will be a HUGE plus.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1