• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers interview requests

Mr. Scot

20 minutes ago, Moonraker said:

I mean what is the likelihood that no promising candidate wants our spot? I know HC spots are coveted but you KNOW you are inheriting a turd with no 1st round picks lol

Browns haven’t had any trouble getting a coach during their decades of bottom feeding 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Solaris said:

Johnson and Disner may not be the package deal that some assumed. Johnson will get hired this offseason. Who else is still looking for a GM and coach? Did anyone else even interview Disner?

That’s fair, Ben is favored to go to Washington and they have their GM in place not named Disner.

The package deal thing was always weird to me anyways, I think it was a convenient comparison to make. Not every coaching candidate has match, many do which lead to that connection and I understand why people would make the connection. 

3 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Rule #1 when trying to change the culture never hire someone who has been around the old staff. Dan sadly has been infected from the people who was fired under Tepper. He's going to be another yes man if Tepper hires him.

It's for this exact reason I believe Shaq, Donte and Burns should not be on the team in 2024 (Moton as well, but there isn't anyway to feasibly get rid of him). How are you going to reward players with massive contracts when they have never contributed anything to a winning team? That is the standard we set and we have been paying for it ever since. We likely need a full reset.

And to be honest I wouldn't mind if Tepper hired Eviro and Morgan to be a cleanup crew. Giving Morgan a direct order to gut the team and accumulate draft capital and if they are able to do that and still be competitive then they prob deserve to reap the benefits and remain with the team. If not you hire people that you think can build a team from scratch like the Texans did this year. It's not the way I want to go, but it is probably the way we need to go and should have gone last year and also in 2020.