• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan Morgan going for GM job

Jmac

4 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Only partially true. Young was the odds on favorite from the end of the season until Stroud's pro day and the pictures of McCown and Frank looking so happy came out. Then Stroud became the odds favorite until Young's pro day and pictures came out of more smiles there.

Stroud was the favorite until 2 weeks before the draft https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-draft-odds-bryce-young-rockets-past-cj-stroud-is-massive-favorite-to-go-no-1-195706622.html

Young opened then as you say the combine flipped it and then it flipped again 2 weeks prior

why that is I have no clue as I dont understand wagers that well.  But it would work with your theory that the teppers fell in love with young and vegas found out

• Beer 1

On 1/9/2024 at 12:33 PM, mrcompletely11 said:

I keep seeing this but what has he done, everything written about him just seems like general speak.  Nothing specific, I mean all you are hearing about with fitt is that he was well liked, uh so what he was terrible at his actual job.  I dont care if morgan is well liked, can he do the job?  

If someone has an article or tweet or anything about morgan and his tenure other then in charlotte, this would be the thread to post it

This is coming directly from someone that worked with Morgan.  Believe it if you want to or not and I'm just passing along feedback I've heard.  

3 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Yeah I am out

What was that one?

At the start of the season, WR was clearly weaker as we never replaced DJ.  Other than that, I don't think that assessment is wrong if you ignore injuries. 

In the end, the team was much worse, but that's a combination of injuries and our offense being atrocious because QB was so, so much worse than anticipated.

Hurney was well respected LOL. Same old stuff, just professionals being professionals.

I would rather have someone actually good at their jobs and not another dud who is well respected. What Morgan did with Fritters is enough to know he is the wrong guy to promote let alone keep being an assistant GM. 

• Pie 1

On 1/9/2024 at 12:59 PM, mrcompletely11 said:

The fact was, we felt so strongly about the quarterback this year, right?" Fitterer said. "Like, even in our February meetings, where every scout had the same opinion on this guy. It never really changed. It just kind of held strong that way, right? That reinforced that we're doing the right thing."

Fitterer and the scouts thought a certain way in January. A new staff of coaches rolls in in February, and they initially think the same thing. The more they learned, the more sure they became.

Fitterer said he loved Young and had been following him for a year prior. We completely flubbed it and I don’t believe Reich and McCown were fighting for Stroud. The same amount of good things and smiles were said about Young by Reich as well. The CYA that he truly wanted on Stroud came out when he was on the hot seat. If our new coach and McCown laid it out on the line that Stroud has to be the pick and that he fit their offense perfectly, there’s no doubt in my mind we take Stroud.

It gets tiresome and frankly silly that there’s still an effort by some (not directed at you) to excuse Reich and Fitterer as well (being too nice/collaborative). They aren’t here anymore, why are some still trying to remove blame? This was a complete fug up and we are where we are because of Tepper’s mismanagement, Fitterer’s complete lack of ability and Reich/Brown’s terrible offense and coaching (OL). You couldn’t have done worse overall as an organization if you were intentionally trying to sabotage this team. It will very likely be years before we see success.