• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Panthers will prioritize HC then pair him with a bright new sexy boy GM

I mean the first part is right, I do think they should prioritize HC....and then you find a good compliment to him in the GM. 

second part is Tepper not learning, you don't get to make the staff.  Your new HC gets to do that. 

51 minutes ago, Tbe said:

I know everyone is saying wrong order, but this is the modern NFL. 

Coaches run the show now. The GM is just there for talent procurement and doing what the coaches want.

this. 

you want a GM to buy in to what the HC believes in and do what he wants largely.   Not the other way around. 

but you aren't prioritizing the HC....by tell him you are going to start hand picking his staff.   He should get full control of his staff. 

Panthers request interview with Lions COO Mike Disner

The Panthers have requested an interview with Lions offensive coordinator Ben Johnson, so there could be some thought of a package deal that brings both men to Carolina if conversations go well in the coming days.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/panthers-request-interview-with-lions-coo-mike-disner

Edited by TheSpecialJuan
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, RJK said:

I mean if you only hire coaches with a Super Bowl that HC list is going to be pretty short 

I get that but he reminds me too much of Rivera-type of coach. He also only had 2 seasons out of 6 with 10 or more wins.  The other four were nine or less.
Sounds a lot like Rivera to me. He just doesn’t impress me has a HC. 
But he does see like the perfect coach for the Patriots. Nice and boring. 

Edited by TLGPanthersFan